Hmmmm......

Re: Hmmmm......

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:10 am

Ok guys, I wasn't going to bother with module standards until at least several people commit to going but there is enough talk about it that I guess I should get something going. Give me a couple of days to get a rough draft done and I'll post it for your opinions.
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby TTSMR » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:33 am

Module width can be deeper to occomodate features.

Track laying standards are here:

http://www.nmra.org/standards/modules/ms-1_0.html

One more question...WHY are we up so late!?

Don
TTSMR

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:40 am

TTSMR wrote:One more question...WHY are we up so late!? Don

I am up because my pain levels and medication won't let me........ :(
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby TTSMR » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:13 am

I always thought Jack Daniels was better than pain meds!

If its gonna make me all groggy and slepy, I at least want to enjoy sipping on it!

Don
TTSMR

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:21 pm

TTSMR wrote:Module width can be deeper to occomodate features.

Track laying standards are here:

http://www.nmra.org/standards/modules/ms-1_0.html

One more question...WHY are we up so late!?

Don

I am not sure if I fully understand the standards:

"Two through tracks, Mainline. One Through track, Secondary."
-NMRA Website.

Does this mean that there have to be three through tracks?
Do they all have to be on one side of the module or what?

I think I understand the rest of it.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:37 pm

Alright guys, to start off I've slightly modified the NMRA standards. I found a couple conversion errors and the distance between tracks has been changed to the 43mm Tillig standard. Changes are marked in red. The green is a question - what is it (and also the conversion is bad)?

TT_module.xlsx
(9.29 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby BTTB Fan » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:47 pm

Here are my guesses:
1) The 3 lines with the distance from the front of the module, as specified 4" (101.6mm) - 5-3/4" (146mm) - 9-1/2" (241mm), are the 2-track main line in the front with the 3rd line (secondary) in the back. Of course, I may be wrong, and it's the secondary line that is in the back...
2) Track Setback From End of Module - 3" (276mm) - conversion is obviously a mistake. 3" sounds about right for the distance between the fixed portion of the track and the edge of the module to accommodate a "floating" 6" piece of track to connect the modules together. The alternative could be to use Tillig-made "module leveling piece" 83139, which provides 83-88mm length at the end of each module.
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:00 pm

BTTB Fan wrote:Here are my guesses:
1) The 3 lines with the distance from the front of the module, as specified 4" (101.6mm) - 5-3/4" (146mm) - 9-1/2" (241mm), are the 2-track main line in the front with the 3rd line (secondary) in the back. Of course, I may be wrong, and it's the secondary line that is in the back...

Yup got that. I'm wondering though if 3 tracks is too much? I think 2 is good - thoughts?

BTTB Fan wrote:2) Track Setback From End of Module - 3" (276mm) - conversion is obviously a mistake. 3" sounds about right for the distance between the fixed portion of the track and the edge of the module to accommodate a "floating" 6" piece of track to connect the modules together. The alternative could be to use Tillig-made "module leveling piece" 83139, which provides 83-88mm length at the end of each module.

83mm is right at 3.25 inches. Opinions on what you guys want to do with this? There is obviously no concrete standard for this so we get to decide.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby TTSMR » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:04 pm

Lets start with the 2 main lines and add the secondary later. The secondary is the back track.

Since it is required to have 3 tracks we should probably stick to that standard for future growth.

Havent looked at the conversions. Trust you guys passed math!

Aslo, we might want to stick to the 6" connection track. These areas are designed to allow anyone else connect to our modules. I recommend we stick to them. Anything eles we can do what we want.

The standard track for the main lines is code 70. Again for connectivity. We can order the plastic track ties and add code 70 rail. Thus we can make our own 6" connection track.

Also, if we have to, we could start with one main line and add later if we need to.

And normally I am a non-conformist!

By the way...did I count wrong or are there only 5 of us even discussing this? Seems like we will need more interest...

Don
TTSMR

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:04 am

TTSMR wrote:Lets start with the 2 main lines and add the secondary later. The secondary is the back track.

Since it is required to have 3 tracks we should probably stick to that standard for future growth.

Havent looked at the conversions. Trust you guys passed math!

Aslo, we might want to stick to the 6" connection track. These areas are designed to allow anyone else connect to our modules. I recommend we stick to them. Anything eles we can do what we want.

The standard track for the main lines is code 70. Again for connectivity. We can order the plastic track ties and add code 70 rail. Thus we can make our own 6" connection track.

Also, if we have to, we could start with one main line and add later if we need to.

And normally I am a non-conformist!

By the way...did I count wrong or are there only 5 of us even discussing this? Seems like we will need more interest...

Don

I'm going to ponder your post for a bit before I respond. However, you're right about the number of people posting on this topic. I will attempt to change this........
ConducTTor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion