Hmmmm......

Re: Hmmmm......

Postby CSD » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:09 am

Has anyone been able to get the NMRA to respond? At any rate, unfortunately, I'm out. One of my best friends is getting married and I am one of the groomsmen. Since the wedding took priority, my work schedule was moved right over the NMRA dates. Sorry, folks.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:11 pm

I might be able to show up, or not. I do not know when my discharge date is yet. Right now it is set for early July, so I might be able to make it now.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Thu May 13, 2010 11:14 pm

I wanna go so freaking bad. It won't happen though for several reasons :cry:
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:23 pm

ConducTTor wrote:I wanna go so freaking bad. It won't happen though for several reasons :cry:

Like I said before, there is an upcoming NMRA National Convention in Atlanta in 2013. The one for next year is in CA, I will not try to make that, out of the costs associated with travel in CA.

Has anyone gotten their modules completed yet? It takes time to build quality layouts, so I am thinking that trying to get the gang together for this year's national convention may have been a bit rushed.

I hope to be in better condition to make the 2012 show in Grand Rapids, MI.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Thu May 13, 2010 11:42 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote: I am thinking that trying to get the gang together for this year's national convention may have been a bit rushed

It pains me terribly to admit it but that seems to be the case. Although I must admit that I saw this coming many months ago. The excitement for the modules was definately there but there wasn't much commitment for this trip. Even though circumstances prevent me from going, if 4 or 5 of you guaranteed you'll be there with modules in hand, I'll pull all-nighters to get modules built and the circumstances be damned.

Ultimately, yes I think the whole thing is a bit rushed. But, I thrive on getting things moving and if it takes 2 or 3 years to get us coordinated, well "rushing it" means we're one year ahead.

I swear, nothing else in life has done it..............this board has taught me patience.............
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion