Here I go again.....

Re: Here I go again.....

Postby j p » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:00 am

ConducTTor wrote:Is it TT? I may have found another solution.....still playing around with it.

Yes, it is TT and Tillig turnouts.
j p

Postby Juup » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:37 am

Got a 20 minute break from family festivities ... here's a suggestion consistent with long station. Perhaps you have been there already :) Juup
Attachments
LongStation.jpg
Juup

Postby krokodil » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:14 pm

j p wrote:This is a kitbashed solution found on the net. It should work fine.

Here are my turnouts under construction. A friend of mine offered me to build all special switches for our new layouts. His work is excellent - easily comparable with Fast Track methods.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby j p » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:51 pm

wow!
more pictures please!
Have you got any drawings which could be used for making them?

May I copy it on other boards? It is superb!
j p

Postby ctxmf74 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:56 pm

"A friend of mine offered me to build all special switches for our new layouts'

Beautiful work, your friend has built lots of turnouts I'd guess. What code rail is that? ...DaveB
ctxmf74

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:12 am

ctxmf74 wrote:"if one of the walls was long enough to acommodate the full station"
How long is the station? on a 13 foot long wall allowing 3 feet at each end for curves would leave 7 feet for a straight station. I think the big advantage is you then have three more walls to build the route and more scenes around the room. I've found it's easier to make a good looking scene when it can have a backdrop which is easier to do with wall mounted benchwork. The entry door requires a duck under or a lift out section when building around the walls but it can be made short and narrow to make it easier to handle. I would be afraid that I'd get tired of crawling from side to side of the diagonal mounted layout.Might help to raise it as high as possible? Might also plan some snap on backdrops so you can take photos from either side without seeing un-related room stuff? .....DaveB

The station is about 11'. The snap on backdrops is a good idea.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:14 am

Juup wrote:Got a 20 minute break from family festivities ... here's a suggestion consistent with long station. Perhaps you have been there already :) Juup

I hadn't thought about such a setup. Again, I want to go with something relatively simply so it has a chance of being finished one day. A rectangle fits the bill :)
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:21 am

Those custom switches are gorgeous!

Here is an updated design. It solves the problem of a single passenger track in case of only one main line being operational. It doesn't require having to make custom switches :)

I've added the access roads mentioned previously and added an example of the plan against the wall for reference.
Attachments
Station 6.jpg
Station 6 l.jpg
Station 6 p.jpg
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ctxmf74 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:51 am

"Here is an updated design. It solves the problem of a single passenger track in case of only one main line being operational"
That looks very complicated with lots of turnouts close together. I don't think I'd worry about being able to access both tracks if one was down for maintenance or if I was worried i'd probably move the right/left crossover around the corner to the straight section before the curve. I obviously don't understand the design as drawn, do the double tracks enter hidden staging where they end? If that's the case this will not be a simple layout even if it is a rectangle. The simplist design I can think of for that room would be starting with the center drawing but reverse the right curve so it runs down the right wall and around the lower right corner then place the staging across the lower wall and run from left end of staging back to the depot up the left wall. The top wall with depot scene could be about 24-27 inches deep and the left and right sides as deep as the scenery desired requires but maybe something like 16-18 inches? The lower wall staging could be as wide as the number of tracks require. This would eliminate any hidden tracks, open up the room center for easy access, minimize the square footage of none railroad specific scenery, and allow continuous backdrops around the walls. ..DaveB
ctxmf74

Postby krokodil » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:58 am

ctxmf74 wrote:"A friend of mine offered me to build all special switches for our new layouts'

Beautiful work, your friend has built lots of turnouts I'd guess. What code rail is that? ...DaveB

Practically any size of rails can be used. In my case he is using the Tillig TT size rails, but he is building for my layout the switches for the mining railways ( adopted Busch H0f ) where we decided to use very low Z scale rails.

Here are some other switches -already finished.
In HOe

image.jpg

Or in H0
image.jpg

And in TT

image.jpg
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

PreviousNext

Return to Layouts / Track Plans