Help with paint

Help with paint

Postby TiTan downunder » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:56 am

Does any know what thinners are used with the Badger / Modelflex brand of paints. Had some problems cleaning out the air brush after using their reefer yellow. Ended up using acetone but not to keen on using it to thin the paint.

Ian
TiTan downunder

Re: Help with paint

Postby TiTan downunder » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:20 pm

Thanks for that. Seems that the drying on the air brush tip is the most common problem.

Ian
TiTan downunder

Postby milwrd1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:27 pm

The Modelflex paints are "thin" already, if I don't spray it straight from the bottle I'll thin it a little with distilled water, perhaps a mixture of 90% paint to 10% thinner (distilled water). I believe the bottle directions say no thining is necessary.

Clogging of the airbrush tip is "common" with the Modelflex, just be ready with a rag or a pipe cleaner to clean the tip when the clog starts to develop.
milwrd1

Postby TiTan downunder » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:46 pm

Tried again last night to do 2nd coat as wasn't too happy with yellow colour anyway, thinned paint slightly, turned out to be too much thinners, just ran along ribs of hopper.

Left to dry for hour or so then oversprayed with tru-colour paint. Much happier with results. These clog a bit also but, just opened nozzle on spray gun slightly and worked O.K.

Now have to mask off yellow to do Black.

Keeping me out of mischief for moment, anyway.
TiTan downunder

Return to General Discussion