HELP! Where to buy TT in Miami?

HELP! Where to buy TT in Miami?

Postby Murad » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:07 pm

Help! Help! Help!
My parents going from Jacksonville to Miami. Trying to find some TT there. Could you help me to find any places to buy TT there?
WTB any of the HP Products locomotive parts
Murad

Re: HELP! Where to buy TT in Miami?

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:50 pm

I'm afraid you're out of luck. What are you trying to buy - american/european trains?
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Murad » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:32 pm

Looking for all kinds of TT. I know that it's very difficult to find american TT there...

There is information about "Miami trains" hobby shop in Miami. Do they still in bussiness?
WTB any of the HP Products locomotive parts
Murad

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:53 pm

It's getting hard to find train shops. There used to 5 in Atlanta - now there's only one and it's a 45 minute drive out of Atlanta. Almost impossible to find TT - It's only happened to me once and it's because the owner is German and Tillig had sent him some items like 20 years ago when they were thinking of entering the US. Euro Train Hobby is in New Jersey. Maybe you want to order something from there and have it sent to your parents in Miami?
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Rob M » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Probably the closest TT you will find in the Miami area would be at Railtwister's house in Ft. Lauderdale :lol:
Rob M

Postby railtwister » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:04 pm

Rob M wrote:Probably the closest TT you will find in the Miami area would be at Railtwister's house in Ft. Lauderdale :lol:

Probably true, and there's darn little TT here. There was an outfit called Miami Trains, but they moved to Ft. Pierce, FL, a few years ago. They don't stock any TT as far as I know, but will order it if you are willing to pay full list price plus shipping and wire transfer fees which usually far exceed the price of the item. There also was a place known as Micro-Macro-Mundo, in deep South Miami-Dade County, but the last I heard they were closing due to illness. I don't think they stocked any TT, but did have European Z, N, and HO.

There also is Warrick's Hobby Super Store in Plantation, but I believe the only TT they had was part of the owner's personal collection which was sold on eBay after he died a couple of years ago.

I'm afraid looking for TT in Miami is kind of like looking for Glaciers in the Sahara...

Bill in FL
railtwister

Return to General Discussion