Help to use my new crane car from Czech with my Tillig cars

Help to use my new crane car from Czech with my Tillig cars

Postby Rich1853 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:11 am

Hi, yesterday I received a EDK 300/5 - SCHWEERbau crane car by Extra from Hobby Shop s.r.o. in the Czech Republic.
Pictures in another post under TT Models - Extra TT Models.
One of my email questions that wasn't answered was about couplers and their interface with Tillig rolling stock.
The BTTB coupler is molded with the 3 axle bogies ( uses a screw for the turning pivot).
Help in finding two 3 axel bogies. And in the meantime help to find a BTTB to NEM pocket coupling adapter.
Thanks

Doing searches i think I found the coupling adapter and of course they're in the Czech Republic, Tilligs part number 210370
210370-11.jpg
210370-11.jpg (22.87 KiB) Viewed 173 times

20181004_122027.jpg
Rich1853
Greetings from Melbourne, Florida USA
On the Space Coast of Florida
Rich1853

Re: Help to use my new crane car from Czech with my Tillig c

Postby krokodil » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:49 am

You earlier picture was very fuzzy, we could not see the detail.
The BTTB couplers for NEM pockets are availabe everywhere. I am continously replacing all latest KKK couplers for the older BTTB couplers as their performance is much better on smaller home layouts. So I replaced already around 50 couplers. There are few special versions but the standard version (like you picture) fit more or less easily the rest of the modern cars.

3 axle bogies you can probably get from the recent production as spare parts. Check for eg.the heavy duty cars:

http://www.mbs-sebnitz.de/media/pdfs/bal/10-15619.pdf

Unfortunately the bogies are not offered as a spare parts and additionally they will need the KKK mechanizm on the frame. Probably one of the Peho kits may fit your crane, or maybe the Czech seller can offer you some options.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby Rich1853 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:37 am

That Tillig p/n 210370 I don't think that a standard item. None of the German on line hobby stores and even the Tilligs web site have no mention of it. Only in the Czech Republic on line hobby stores. I need the one that's pictured with a right angle going higher than horizontal for the tillig rolling stock to couple. That horizontal piece of the coupler is even with the buffers.
The photo are with the axles removed.
Top view:
20181005_112200.jpg

Bottom view:
20181005_112207.jpg

Side view (note the oval opening that you see is a shadow)
20181005_115020.jpg
Rich1853
Rich1853

Postby krokodil » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:31 pm

I have still problems to open your pictures ( the last 3).

Anyway here is the lower version of the BTTB coupler.

http://www.mbs-sebnitz.de/kupplung-tief.html

Or you can use the these adapters: (2 pcs in set)

http://www.mbs-sebnitz.de/catalog/product/view/id/261157/s/kurzkupplungskinematik-2-stueck/

Where you can exactly adjust the hight of the NEM pocket and after that you can use any standard coupler:

http://www.mbs-sebnitz.de/kupplung-mit-aufnahme-fuer-normschacht-1-stueck.html
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby Rich1853 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:48 pm

Thanks, that Tillig p/n 210370 on a German website.
I looked at the Tilligs heavy duty freight car (at least the 4 that Modellbahnshop-Lippe has on line) with the 6 axles same buffer to buffer length at 110mm. The only difference with using those cars with mine is the bed is completely flat and probably has a detail undercarriage. My crane carriage has a slope decline at the front and rear end for the crane protrusions (counterweight maybe) and underneath is completely flat with a screw for the pivot.

Back out on the road for some paint supplies for those Bahnbau crew cars, been on vacation for 2 1/2 weeks in the Pacific Northwest. Getting catch up so those disassemble parts don't get lost. Too many projects, not enough time.
Rich1853
Rich1853

Postby krokodil » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:22 pm

Also my feeling is that the crane bogies are some special contructions, not identical with the Tillig s heavy duty cars. Why do you need new bogies, except the coupler fixings?
The new bogies generally will not have any coupler heads (NEM pockets etc) as recently the trend is to mount the couplers on a special mechanizm (KKK) direct to the frame, not to the bogie). That means in your case you have to redesign the whole area.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby Rich1853 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:47 pm

The couplers are molded to the bogies. I only need the 210370 to mount to the adjacent cars so that I could at least move the crane, otherwise it will be on a siding in the DB Gleisbau Yard in Duisburg that I planning to model. (see YouTube videos I think there are 3 or 4 of them). That's why I'm was asking about the TeMos, their lokschuppen is the closest one that matches the prototype building in the yard.
Edit 10/10 /18 added photo of DB Gleisbau Yard in Duisburg Wedau taken 28/4/2011
And another photo this time its of DB Werkstatt Duisburg, the same area on (note the addition of another bay, new facade, removal of windows, and a sign). taken 30/4/2015
fuhrpark-dbg-duisburg-entenfang-am-504470.jpg

23188383486_2a00b1d02f_b.jpg

photos also added to their own post under photos/videos
Rich1853
Rich1853

Return to Prototypes / Models