Hard Drive weight increasing?

Talk about anything and everything!

Hard Drive weight increasing?

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:52 pm

Ok, I just had to post this. It's from Microsoft Answers forum:

"Apologies if this is the incorrect area for this question.

I've noticed that as I copy data/install programs on my Laptop, the weight of the Laptop increases. I have a bad back and am medically limited on the amount of weight I can carry so I need to be very carefull not to inflict injury upon myself.

I have also noticed my XBox feels heavier as well (the more games I save or purchase from arcade). I generally don't travel with my XBox so that is not an issue for me, but note the I am having the same results.

My ask, what is the weight/file ratio? So for example, how many GB's = 6oz? I dread the day I need a dolly to commute to work with my Laptop.

Thanks in advance!
- K"

Here is one of the replies:

"I don't think this is just a technology problem. The other day, I was reading one of those MS press books (One of the Thick ones) and towards the end of the book (after reading it for about three hours) I wanted to get up for a glass of water and use the toilet eventually.
But, here's when a strange thing happened. As i was about to get up (I usually read in bed) my head was so heavy that I couldn't get up. I roughly estimate the wheight increase ~564.32 grams."

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistahardware/thread/720108ee-0a9c-4090-b62d-bbd5cb1a7605
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: Hard Drive weight increasing?

Postby areibel » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:21 pm

Naah, it's not the weight of the hard drive increasing. It all those extra electrons adding to the magnetic field, it just makes it feel heavier. Or the magnetic field is atttracting the iron in his body, soon he won't have to carry it, he can just stick it to himself?
areibel

Postby BTTB Fan » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:13 pm

This is brilliant! :thumbup:
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby 1 tt guy » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:08 am

:clap: :lol: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a good laugh first thing in the morning. Thank you!
1 tt guy

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:36 pm

That is about as bad as the idiot that thought that the CD-ROM drive was a cupholder and snapped it off.

Some people are just too stupid for their own good......
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Return to Off Topic