Handlaying Straight Track

Re: Handlaying Straight Track

Postby Tom Dempsey » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:41 pm

Before getting too crazy about maximum ties per inch, Bernd, what tie spacing did you design in?
Tom Dempsey

Postby Bernd » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:12 pm

Tom Dempsey wrote:Before getting too crazy about maximum ties per inch, Bernd, what tie spacing did you design in?

Tie spacing has been spaced on 21" centers, as per main line prototype. I can make two more jigs, one for branch line and one for spurs. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks for asking before I start making many.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby Bernd » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:14 pm

MacG wrote:If you move the ties a half tie spacing to the right (or left) then you can milling a tenth tie in the jig. Also good for long tracks. Put the last one soldered tie of a track at the jig and you can add 9 new ones. :wink:

Good point. I'll take it into consideration.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby oldtrainguy » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:08 pm

Also, what track gauge are you using? I think Fast Tracks is .471 if I remember correctly.

I am also interested in purchasing a jig when you have all the kinks worked out.
Don
oldtrainguy

Postby Bernd » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:46 pm

oldtrainguy wrote:Also, what track gauge are you using? I think Fast Tracks is .471 if I remember correctly.

I am also interested in purchasing a jig when you have all the kinks worked out.

Track gauge is 471. Width of the rail groove is .056". One thousands lager than the base of the rail. I use the same dimension on the resin track segments.

I'm working on a solution for the sale. First I need to make a batch of them before I declare them ready for public consumption.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby Bill Dixon » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:46 pm

Bernd wrote:
oldtrainguy wrote:Also, what track gauge are you using? I think Fast Tracks is .471 if I remember correctly.

Track gauge is 471. Width of the rail groove is .056". One thousands lager than the base of the rail. I use the same dimension on the resin track segments.

I'm working on a solution for the sale. First I need to make a batch of them before I declare them ready for public consumption.

Bernd

You are making good progress. I will take a jig when it is ready.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby Bernd » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:00 pm

Bill Dixon wrote:You are making good progress. I will take a jig when it is ready.

Thanks Bill. Hopefully some time next year I'll be able to mass produce them. I'm still contemplating selling through a retailer. I like manufacturing but not retail. Not quite ready for that part yet.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:34 pm

Bernd wrote:Tie spacing has been spaced on 21" centers, as per main line prototype. I can make two more jigs, one for branch line and one for spurs.

You can put me down for one of each thanks.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Bernd » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:10 pm

ConducTTor wrote:
Bernd wrote:Tie spacing has been spaced on 21" centers, as per main line prototype. I can make two more jigs, one for branch line and one for spurs.

You can put me down for one of each thanks.

Give me some tie spacing and I'll make both.

Still working on the fixture to hold the tie jigs, plus doing some hand coding of the cutting program. I'm looking at next year sometime to be cranking them out. Be patient. :wink:

Bernd
Bernd

Postby j p » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:57 am

j p

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion