H P Products Original Address

H P Products Original Address

Postby Bill Dixon » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:32 pm

In 1960 H P products announced that it was moving to a newer bigger factory, presumably the one they are in now.

Does anybody know what their old street address was?
Most of their adds only showed H P Products Harford Il or the same with a P.O.Box.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Re: H P Products Original Address

Postby areibel » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:22 pm

The legend is the original assembly and kitting was done in Hal Joyce's garage! I heard that from several people and wondered if it were true but the more I've researched the more I believe it now. John Harmon knows more, I'll check with him. He had spoken with one of the original employees of the model RR line, originally there were 5 or 6 working in the garage, that grew to a dozen or so and stayed there until they moved into the new space.
One of the old style (plastic cab and tender) 0-6-0's I have came in the original (gray) box but the label was loose. I was going to put a dab of glue behind it but I noticed there was something printed on the box. I pulled it up and it was for a dozen stainless steel forks! It had a restaurant supply company name, but I wondered if HP did the stamping and there were spare boxes that got repurposed by a model company operating on a shoestring budget?
areibel

Re: H P Products Original Address

Postby Richard-B » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:16 am

I think I -have- this information... in a box... somewhere... nearby... <sigh>

It is with a bunch of papers I received a few years ago, after my tenure as Editor of the original (paper+PDF) TT Empire, and the documents contained a lot of early HP history...

Added to my ever-growing queue of "Things I need to do ASAP..."
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between San Francisco and Budapest...
Richard-B

Return to HP Products TT Scale Models