*grumble*

*grumble*

Postby Marquette » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:01 am

Like a year and a half ago I put down half of the final cost for a built and painted SD45 from A&D... never heard a word back since. I'm cognisant of the fact that that half-of-total deposit was non-refundable so it's not really about the money... it's been so long that I don't even want the bloody thing anymore, but it's irritating nevertheless.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Re: *grumble*

Postby Bernd » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:33 am

Marquette wrote:Like a year and a half ago I put down half of the final cost for a built and painted SD45 from A&D... never heard a word back since. I'm cognisant of the fact that that half-of-total deposit was non-refundable so it's not really about the money... it's been so long that I don't even want the bloody thing anymore, but it's irritating nevertheless.

I thought you had given up modeling. Nice to see you are still around.

Makes me wonder if TT scale could get a real boost if there where some bigger company names behind TT scale. Seems like some of the European companies leave a little to be desired in providing products.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby Arseny » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:30 am

Maybe SD45 is unhappy locomotive?

Long time ago I've ordered assembled and painted SD45 from Norkin-model. I still did not get it.

...but to say the truth, 2 years ago he had shown me the body...

SD45.jpg
SD45-2.jpg

So I still hope to get it... sometime... in the future...

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!" :wink:
Arseny

Postby Marquette » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:33 am

Bernd wrote:
Marquette wrote:Like a year and a half ago I put down half of the final cost for a built and painted SD45 from A&D... never heard a word back since. I'm cognisant of the fact that that half-of-total deposit was non-refundable so it's not really about the money... it's been so long that I don't even want the bloody thing anymore, but it's irritating nevertheless.

I thought you had given up modeling. Nice to see you are still around.

Makes me wonder if TT scale could get a real boost if there where some bigger company names behind TT scale. Seems like some of the European companies leave a little to be desired in providing products.

Bernd

Well, I haven't given up modelling per se, but I did realise I need to focus on a single thing instead of the plethoritude of projects I had. So I decided to focus on my Japanese N scale. I'll freely admit that availability and cost were factors. J Proto N scale is *cheap* just ordered a new (new tool, released this year) Kato steam locomotive - $90.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Return to General Discussion