Greetings from Gold Coast

Greetings from Gold Coast

Postby gabbysuz » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:46 pm

Hello Everyone,
Hope everyone had a nice holiday season and a happy 2010 ! :thumbup:

I just joined the group before the new year, I look forward to chatting TT with everyone over the coming year (s) !

Some of you may have recognized my name, or username from ebay, as I'm part of Gold Coast Railway Co. My father
being the other part. I'm one of the few TT modelers that's under 30 !

2010 marks the 12th year I've been modeling in TT. Although I only have a small 3' x 6' layout which was constructed almost 10 years ago, I'm in the planning stages of my new model Empire, with some inspiration from John Allen's Gorre & Daphetid railroad ! Some of his slide collection is on the internet at http://www.gdlines.com/galleries.html

I (we) first discovered TT from Railtech at a show in California in the mid 90's. At the time my Dad was producing S scale rolling stock kits. We were one of the founding members of the InterMountain Railway Co. We produced many products in S scale including importing brass cabooses under the name of Gold Coast. Our plastic rolling stock kits were under the name of Pacific Rail Shops.

We as many have thought, that TT and S were the best scales, after many years (20+) supporting S we thought we would turn to TT. We like to produce these products because we ourselves are both S and TT modelers, now primarily TT. We hope to bring out as many products as we can over coming years. We have many projects currently in production. We are working on our next freight car, the 40' steel ice refrigerator car. These projects do take a very long time to complete. All of our products are Tooled in the US, and production of the actual parts also takes place domestically. Final production takes place in China for packaging and artwork only.

If you have any questions regarding our TT products just send a message and I'll try and answer them as quick as I can.

Best wishes to everyone for the new year !
Felix
Gold Coast Railway Co.
gcrailway@hotmail.com
gabbysuz

Re: Greetings from Gold Coast

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:21 pm

Welcome to the board Felix! I'm a big fan of your products and I'm sure many here are as well. I look forward to your unique (as a manufacturer) view on things. Cheers!

-Alex
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby BTTB Fan » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Hi, Felix, and welcome to the board. I am sure that you and AngrySailor will successfully represent the "under 30 TT crowd" quite successflly! :lol:
I believe that I bought a few pieces from you on eBay, and looking forward to getting more!
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby Marquette » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Hi Felix, welcome from me too! It's good to see you here.

I'm very much looking forward to the reefer and to other good things to come. I've shown the 37 car to other modeller friends who know little to naught about TT and all have commented very favourably. Your efforts are very much appreciated!

I'm turning only 34 in March, so could probably fall within TT's "youth front". :)
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:44 pm

TTQuebec wrote:I'm turning only 34 in March, so could probably fall within TT's "youth front". :)

Well hell, in that case I'm a TT youth as well! I'll be 34 in October.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:28 pm

ConducTTor wrote:
TTQuebec wrote:I'm turning only 34 in March, so could probably fall within TT's "youth front". :)

Well hell, in that case I'm a TT youth as well! I'll be 34 in October.

I am 26, so I think I am likely either at the bottom of the age list, or near it. Nicholle is also 26, but she is a few months older than I am.

Welcome Felix!
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby gabbysuz » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:59 pm

I am 26, so I think I am likely either at the bottom of the age list, or near it. Nicholle is also 26, but she is a few months older than I am.
[/quote]

Almost at the bottom, I'm 25.5 ! birthday same as the store, 7-11 !!
gabbysuz

Postby CSD » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Welcome, Felix. I believe your TT layout utube videos got posted here. Very nice! I watched them all.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby gabbysuz » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:45 pm

CSD wrote:Welcome, Felix. I believe your TT layout utube videos got posted here. Very nice! I watched them all.

Thanks CSD, after all these years and some ventures into other scales (On30) that layout has still kept up my interest in TT to the point
of abandoning all other modeling to start a new larger TT layout ! The only thing I would have changed is to have some hidden storage tracks, which I now consider almost a requirement for any size layout.
gabbysuz

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:02 pm

gabbysuz wrote:I am 26, so I think I am likely either at the bottom of the age list, or near it. Nicholle is also 26, but she is a few months older than I am.

Almost at the bottom, I'm 25.5 ! birthday same as the store, 7-11 !![/quote]

Close, mine is July 8th.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Next

Return to Prototypes / Models