GP9 from RailTT

Re: GP9 from RailTT

Postby jmass » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:51 pm

I would be very interested in this project. will you be using the lionel frame or making you own?
jmass

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:54 pm

Hmmm. At the very least I would suggest using Harry Barth motor conversion kits. It's a replacement motor with a flywheel and gearing. Take a look here http://www.tt-barth.de/shop/spur-tt/mot ... %C3%A4tze/
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby scaro » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:52 am

thanks. i think piko make a truck that is about that size also.
scaro

Postby Arseny » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:20 am

ConducTTor wrote:Hmmm. At the very least I would suggest using Harry Barth motor conversion kits. It's a replacement motor with a flywheel and gearing. Take a look here http://www.tt-barth.de/shop/spur-tt/mot ... %C3%A4tze/

Good idea, but unfortunately seems it will not work for GP9
Seems that Harry Barth's motor will not fit into the narrow body of the GP9.
It will work only for F7 or FA or something like that.
Arseny

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:02 pm

Arseny wrote:
ConducTTor wrote:Hmmm. At the very least I would suggest using Harry Barth motor conversion kits. It's a replacement motor with a flywheel and gearing. Take a look here http://www.tt-barth.de/shop/spur-tt/mot ... %C3%A4tze/

Good idea, but unfortunately seems it will not work for GP9
Seems that Harry Barth's motor will not fit into the narrow body of the GP9.
It will work only for F7 or FA or something like that.

Even if you mount it on its side?
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Arseny » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:06 pm

As Nikolay told me - yes, even if it will be mounted on the side.
There is only 13 mm space available.
Arseny

Postby Arseny » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:31 pm

j p wrote:Good work, but I am sorry to see that he has chosen 50 years old Zeuke drive - which was not good even when it was new.
If he spent all that time and skills on a drive based on Kuehn, Tillig, MTB, or Roco the result could be much better.
The technology has developed somehow during those 50 years...

Yes, you are right, but what about the price?
The idea was to build cheap locomotive for personal use and maybe some fellows (like me :wink: )
Where should you get 5-10 sets of engine and other parts for reasonable price? As I know, Tillig do not want to sell any parts for anybody at all...
But there are a lot of old broken BTTB locomotives in the former USSR (Russia, Ukraine, etc), that can be purchased at a low price...

And remember: 50 years ago HP Products, Rokal and TriAng disappeared, while Zeuke/BTTB become a huge TT-empire and TT-manufacturer #1 in the world! :grin: Maybe their production was not too bad? :wink: BTW it was exported in West Germany, as I know...
Hmm, I think it could be a good advertising slogan, something like this:
"50-year long test run! " or "It worked good for 50 years, it will work good another 50 years!" :lol:
Arseny

Postby Kolya » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:46 pm

Arseny wrote:
j p wrote:Good work, but I am sorry to see that he has chosen 50 years old Zeuke drive - which was not good even when it was new.
If he spent all that time and skills on a drive based on Kuehn, Tillig, MTB, or Roco the result could be much better.
The technology has developed somehow during those 50 years...

Yes, you are right, but what about the price?
The idea was to build cheap locomotive for personal use and maybe some fellows (like me :wink: )
Where should you get 5-10 sets of engine and other parts for reasonable price? As I know, Tillig do not want to sell any parts for anybody at all...
But there are a lot of old broken BTTB locomotives in the former USSR (Russia, Ukraine, etc), that can be purchased at a low price...

And remember: 50 years ago HP Products, Rokal and TriAng disappeared, while Zeuke/BTTB become a huge TT-empire and TT-manufacturer #1 in the world! :grin: Maybe their production was not too bad? :wink: BTW it was exported in West Germany, as I know...
Hmm, I think it could be a good advertising slogan, something like this:
"50-year long test run! " or "It worked good for 50 years, it will work good another 50 years!" :lol:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Kolya

Postby CSD » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:38 pm

Arseny wrote:..."50-year long test run! " or "It worked good for 50 years, it will work good another 50 years!"...

Here, here! I have a nice collection of classic Zeuke TT and dispite the fact that the mechanisms are not as fine as the ones offered today, they all still work.

Kolya, I'm looking forward to seeing the shell.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby Kolya » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:40 pm

Копия 5.JPG
Копия 5.JPG (22.53 KiB) Viewed 329 times
Kolya

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models