GP7s in TT?

GP7s in TT?

Postby scaro » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:53 pm

possibly i've lost track as there's been a few discussions re mooted GPs and a few images ... so i'm wondering what GP7s or GP9s are around in TT?

there's been a couple of pics of an etch -i think by the german group so presumably not available?- there's the Lok-N-Roll one and i think there was one being rapid prototyped as i recall. does anyone own the Lok-N-Roll one to comment on or has the rapid proto one surfaced yet?

there's the lionel but it looks a bit crude to me and some say it is dimensionally a bit off- can anyone say what in particular is incorrect with it?

i kind of like the spare minimalist look of GP7s . . . and i've grown to appreciate them in simple, classy black.

cheers, ben
scaro

Re: GP7s in TT?

Postby Marquette » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:47 pm

The Lionel model - it's labelled a GP9, but it's actually a hybrid of a 7 and a 9, at first glance closer to a 7 (to the degree that I wouldn't use it to model a 9).

AFAIK though that's the only one readily available, have only heard of proposals for others?
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:03 am

The LokNRoll is only a powered chassis for use with Lionel shell, tank and, truck side frames. Overall it's very well done. I do have one single gripe with it though - the coupling between the drive shaft and worm gear on one side is super sensitive to its positioning. I've had to readjust it more times than I care to remember.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby scaro » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:37 am

thanks conducttor. i had some notion that the ATSF warbonnet GP on the LokNRoll site meant they'd done a new Geep body, obviously not.

thanks marquette for the comments on the lionel. i think the RP shell was in early stages and a couple of images were posted here.

ben
scaro

Postby Arseny » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:11 am

ConducTTor wrote:The LokNRoll is only a powered chassis for use with Lionel shell, tank and, truck side frames. Overall it's very well done. I do have one single gripe with it though - the coupling between the drive shaft and worm gear on one side is super sensitive to its positioning. I've had to readjust it more times than I care to remember.

Do you mean that if I buy LokNRoll, I must also buy Lionel model separately, by myself ?

And what about Possum Valley kit ?
Arseny

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:43 am

Arseny wrote:Do you mean that if I buy LokNRoll, I must also buy Lionel model separately, by myself ?

I thought so but I guess not. The chassis I bought on Ebay for 99 euro. I see they offer the full locomotive for 170 euro on their website http://www.lok-n-roll.de/15.html

Arseny wrote:And what about Possum Valley kit ?

Not sure.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ctxmf74 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:43 pm

[quote="]
Arseny
And what about Possum Valley kit ?
[/quote]

The possum valley kit is a resin cast frame, motor and tillig trucks. You still need a lionel GP shell, Elmer will sell them with the shell if he has one in stock or you can just buy the powering kit and get your own shell on ebay.The lionel GP comes in blue and yellow Santa Fe paint scheme ,if the lock and roll ad showed warbonnet they must have re-painted it?...dave
ctxmf74

Postby scaro » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:44 pm

hi, can anyone who owns one please tell me how long, wide and high the loknroll GP7/9 mechanism is? inches or metric ok . . .

regards, ben
scaro

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:24 pm

12.2mm wide, 106.2mm long. The height varies so you gotta give me exactly what you need.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby scaro » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:36 pm

thanks conducTTor. as to height i mean from the ... hmmm, this gets difficult. i'd say from a point just clearing the wheels on the trucks ie, about where the walkway would start on the lionel unit, to the top -at the ends (these look higher than the midsection.)

sorry if that isn't 100% clear.

width and length sound pretty promising.

ben
scaro

Next

Return to Prototypes / Models