GP7s in TT?

Re: GP7s in TT?

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Ok, 19.2mm without the mini circuit board on top. About 21.6mm with it.
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby scaro » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 pm

thanks muchly. sounds dimensionally spot on, allowing room for a decently thick shell.
scaro

Postby sd80mac » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:16 pm

I'm still making (slow) progress on the GP35, but I've also started a core GeeP drawing that can easily be turned into a GP7, GP9, GP10, GP11, GP18, or GP20 with minor changes. The dynamic equipped version is shown, and I've also drawn up a non-dynamic hatch. I would like to draw various low-nose options, and possibly a Santa Fe GP7/9u as well.

During a recent conversation with a potential RP/Resin Casting firm, they informed me that they would get better casting results with a .040" wall thickness. So, I drew the GP to reflect their advice, and will be modifying the GP35 drawing as well. I have some ideas about hiding the extra thickness, and hopefully they will meet expectations.

sd80mac

Postby scaro » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:24 pm

interesting. i'm working on a sort of 'core' in styrene that can have doors added in paper and other details like louvres just glued on (for which i must thank the trainiax site). i don't really model american but the idea intrigues me and i've always liked geeps. given most of the differences from GP7 through 20 - aside from the dynamic brake - are in the details such as placement of louvres it seems as though that may be one possible way to go. such a core shell might also work for anything from the GP38 through to the GP50 too. GP30 obviously not and not much point doing it for a GP35, unless to cater for that lonely individual who simply *must* have a GP28... ;-)

ben
scaro

Previous

Return to Prototypes / Models