Good sources for TT models in Dusseldorf, Germany

Good sources for TT models in Dusseldorf, Germany

Postby ees1bk » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:01 am

Hi There

Can anyone recommend a good source for TT-scale models that I could visit during a weekday in Dusseldorf, Germany? I'm happy to jump on a train a few stops in pretty much any direction. I had considered going down to Cologne to visit Donnerbusche but their online stocklist leaves me cold and someone told me they are running down the "new stock" side of their business in favour of "second hand". Is this true?

Any other suggestions?

Regards, Bevis.
ees1bk

Re: Good sources for TT models in Dusseldorf, Germany

Postby krokodil » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:00 pm

The best address in the area is the https://donnerbuechse.com/ in Köln ( Cologne), just about 30 minutes from Düsseldorf by train. The shop is one stop after the main station in Cologne - any local train S-Bahn ( Köln Hbf - worth to visit!!!). They have a good selection in TT, also second-hand.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby MacG » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:59 pm

ees1bk wrote:... someone told me they are running down the "new stock" side of their business in favour of "second hand". Is this true?

Yes. It stands so at his homepage. I have it translated.

Donnerbuechse.com wrote:Dear Customers, we will take out all our new goods from the program at the end of the year 31.12.2018 and offer you a 25-30% discount, depending on the manufacturer, from the recommended retail price. The discounted articles can be viewed/ordered under the heading "Low Price Offers" on the Internet.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby ees1bk » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:13 pm

OK, does Donnerbusche have a lot of stock that is not listed on the website? Certainly nothing from what is listed there really appeals to me, and certainly not enough to encourage me to travel over from Dusseldorf to see a store I already know. I sort of feel my time would be better spent visiting new places rather than revisiting ones where I have been before relatively recently. I got some nice items on my last two visits but....

Regards, Bevis.
ees1bk

Postby krokodil » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:48 pm

I do not think. In this area the modelshops does not offer too much interesting things ( especially not for TT).
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Return to General Discussion