Good European exhibitions for TT?

Good European exhibitions for TT?

Postby Rich B » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:58 am

I've hit a wall with Stromallee and badly need inspiration, as well as materials for building (or even the opportunity to measure real ones). I've missed this year's Modell Hobby Spiel in Leipzig, and was wondering if there are any other large shows that are good for TT. I've been to Intermodellbau in Dortmund, Eurospoor in Utrecht and Faszination Modellbau in Friedrichshafen, but although I saw a bit of TT modelling there wasn't a lot in the way of trade support. Saying that, I don't remember being looking for anything at Friedrichshafen, I hadn't really gone into TT at that time and I was limited by having to board a flight to Sydney that evening!

I was wondering whether any of our European residents could recommend any particular exhibitions for having a good selection of TT? It'd be good to get myself inspired again.
Rich B

Re: Good European exhibitions for TT?

Postby Arseny » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:37 am

Welcome to Saint-Petersburg, Russia at March! :wink:
Arseny

Postby Carsten » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:03 am

Carsten

Postby LVG1 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:35 pm

How about AKTT's public fair in Leuna (near Halle / Leipzig)?

It's only about TT stuff. Some years ago, I was there. And I was excited!!!
I think, it will occur from September 18 to September 21, 2014. But I'm not sure because I have not yet found an official announcement.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby Rich B » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:05 am

Both Dresden and Leipzig are fairly easy to get to for me, direct budget flights to Berlin from Bristol and then a train ride. I'm not sure how well me going on a jolly on Valentine's Day weekend would go though! The pictures on Eisenbahn-Romantik make Erlebnis Modellbahn look good though, and I do like visiting Dresden.

Anyone ever visited Model Hobby in Prague? On a railfanning visit to the Czech Republic five years ago, I saw a good selection of TT in the shops.
Rich B

Return to General Discussion