Gold Coast Railway

Gold Coast Railway

Postby JohnnyReb69 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:22 pm

Folks,

The LAST thing I like to do is bad-mouth a model manufacturer... but I have to ask if anyone else out there has had the same kind of trouble in dealing with Gold Coast Railway as I have recently had. (http://www.goldcoastrailway.com)

First of all, they NEVER answer their phone (to take orders, answer questions or anything else). I understand that these folks operate their business as a side job and that they have other jobs, but if answering calls in such a problem, they do not need to advertise on their web site that they take phone orders!

Secondly, they take FOREVER to fill orders once you are finally able to place the order. I had to call them to find out where my order was after nearly two weeks... only to find out that it hadn't been shipped yet since he somehow got his records mixed up and had my order listed as shipped.

Thirdly, if your product is damaged in shipment (like mine was, thanks to a LOUSY packaging job), they will NOT replace the broken item(s)! This statement is based on the fact that I have sent them no less than THREE e-mails since I received my model trying to get them to send me a replacement part, but have not gotten ONE SINGLE REPLY from them!

The above is based ENTIRELY on MY personal, recent experience with Gold Coast Railway. I have tried REPEATEDLY to get in touch with the owner (Felix Verser) to get him to send me a replacement part for the model I received from them as well as a replacement plastic box which the model came in due to it also being destroyed in transit (no thanks to their lousy packaging practices), but to no avail.

GCR has GREAT looking models... but by far the WORST customer service I have EVER had.

John Degnan
JohnnyReb69@comcast.net
JohnnyReb69

Re: Gold Coast Railway

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:46 pm

Hey John, I've never had a bad experience with GC and their models are fantastic. I don't discount your experience - just giving you mine.

That said, I'll shoot them an email regarding this.

-Alex
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby JohnnyReb69 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:02 pm

Thanks Alex. Like I said, I really like the one GC model I was able to get... and I'd really like to have more in the near future. But I'm just wondering if the extreme amount of effort to get them is worth it.

John Degnan
JohnnyReb69@comcast.net
JohnnyReb69

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:33 pm

We have had no problems with Gold Coast at all, and we have had a few orders, with a boxcar order, and then orders of parts that made their way into various projects done to this date.

Everything I have ordered has been packed well, and my orders have been in my hands in short order.

Contact via e-mail has usually been returned within 2 days, in my experience.

So far I have not had an issue with Gold Coast at all, and it pains me to hear that someone has an issue with them, it almost seems uncharacteristic of Gold Coast to do such things.

Mistakes do happen, and if you have seen some of what Felix has been up to, there is a lot of goings on at Gold Coast, lots of great new cars on the way.

I would suspect that the packaging issue and damage most likely is from the USPS, the Post Office is not known for treating packages well, and if an inspection (or rifling) is done, the repackaging is never done right. I have had many issues with the USPS in New England messing up packages.

Check and make sure that you are not inadvertently getting your e-mails from GC are going to your junk inbox, and check and make sure that the outgoing address is correct.

See what ConducTTor can turn up, then try to have a civil conversation with Felix. He is a great guy, and his products are among the best option for RTR in TT scale today.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby JohnnyReb69 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:08 am

I don't use a filter in my e-mail client, so I assure you... nothing is being missed. But a filter couldn't have prevented them from answering their phone OR from returning my call since I did leave a message every time.

REGARDLESS... my problem with GC has now (today) been solved. After taking the step of posting about my experience with them here on this site, I finally got a response from GC. Wish it didn't have to come to this... but I had to do what I had to do to get results.

Looking forward to whatever models GC may be working on. Is it safe to ask what they might be?

John Degnan
JohnnyReb69

Postby ctxmf74 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:19 am

JohnnyReb69 wrote:Looking forward to whatever models GC may be working on. Is it safe to ask what they might be?

apparently an ice bunker reefer, I never got an answer as to specifically what prototype but IIRC it was either SFRD or PFE? ...dave
ctxmf74

Postby Marquette » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:41 am

ctxmf74 wrote:
JohnnyReb69 wrote:Looking forward to whatever models GC may be working on. Is it safe to ask what they might be?

apparently an ice bunker reefer, I never got an answer as to specifically what prototype but IIRC it was either SFRD or PFE? ...dave

I was told at the Vancouver meet that it will be an R-40-10. So, probably something most of us can definitely use (especially you weirdos modelling stuff west of the Mississippi! ;) )
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby Marquette » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:45 am

To JohnnyReb69:

Has S-CLM published any lettering diagrams for SAL 1937 cars? If not - does the HS have any available? I've done up some decal artwork for the 1937 car (Lake Superior & Ishpeming, NYC, NP), and am planning on getting some more done (NC&StL nearly done, planning Southern, and wanting to do SAL. (Even briefly thought of a fantasy P&N version, but no.)
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Return to General Discussion