Gold Coast Railway Announcement

Gold Coast Railway Announcement

Postby gabbysuz » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:35 am

Hello all TT modelers,

We would like to officially announce the sale of Gold Coast Railway Co. to Mike & Sylvie of
Lok-N-Roll in Germany.

They will be able to continue producing the current models, and expand the product line in the future.

We would like to thank all of our loyal customers and dealers for their support over the years, we were happy to
produce these models for the TT market, and look forward to seeing TT continue to grow :thumbup: !

All correspondence related to Gold Coast Railway should be directed to Lok-N-Roll.

Thank you,
Felix
gabbysuz

Re: Gold Coast Railway Announcement

Postby areibel » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:26 am

THANK YOU, Felix!
I think all TT'ers appreciate your "stepping off of the ledge" back when you did to produce your terrific freight cars and trucks. It was a big gamble and I'm hoping it paid off for you, I love the cars I have and just wish now I wouldn't have procrastinated and bought more undec kits! But I think it went to good hands, I don't see any problem with the new ownership.
Best of luck on any future projects,
Al
areibel

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:37 am

All is much appreciated Felix! I'm glad I stocked up on your cars :) I'm glad you made them available to us. I hope the venture has been good for you and wish you much luck in your future endevours!
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the ruling class know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Arseny » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Best wishes to Felix in any new projects!
And I hope we'll see new models from Lok-n-Roll... not too expensive... :wink:
Arseny

Postby jpachl » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Good news that the Gold Coast product will survive this way. While some US customers might regret a little that the manufacturing moves to Europe, Felix made a good decision to sell Gold Coast to Lok-n-Roll. I know Mike in person. He is a very engaged and trustful guy. So, its a good thing for all US TT modellers, no matter at which side of the Atlantic Ocean. Tomorrow, I will visit the Lok-n-Roll stand at the Leipzig fair. Hope to meet some of the European TTnut members there.

Joern
jpachl

Postby Bill Dixon » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:32 pm

ConducTTor wrote:All is much appreciated Felix! I'm glad I stocked up on your cars :) I'm glad you made them available to us. I hope the venture has been good for you and wish you much luck in your future endevours!

Feilx and Gold Coast are what started me on the path from a collector with a few boxes of old European equipment to where I am now with a TT-tracks modular display. With out him and his fine products I would still be an armchair collector.

Thank You Felix.

Please keep us posted on the progress of your layout.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby Marquette » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:37 pm

Hrm. So what will this mean for those of us in North America in terms of pricing? Can we expect the ex-GC models to climb up to typical German prices?

Also, even more importantly: will everything currently available remain available? Those trucks are a vital thing...
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby Richard-B » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:55 pm

Marquette wrote:Can we expect the ex-GC models to climb up to typical German prices?

The Gold Coast boxcars are priced like before... except in Euros... NOT dollars!!!
http://www.lok-n-roll.de/shop/category_6/Boxcars.html
Marquette wrote:Also, even more importantly: will everything currently available remain available? Those trucks are a vital thing...

They don't appear to be listed yet... http://www.lok-n-roll.de/shop/category_7/Ersatzteile_Zubeh%C3%B6r.html
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between San Francisco and Budapest...
Richard-B

Postby Marquette » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:41 am

Richard-B wrote:
Marquette wrote:Can we expect the ex-GC models to climb up to typical German prices?

The Gold Coast boxcars are priced like before... except in Euros... NOT dollars!!!
http://www.lok-n-roll.de/shop/category_6/Boxcars.html

So, half again as much as they used to be. Disappointing, but not surprising. I wonder if now I should add these to my list of Euro-made NA proto models I won't buy due to ridiculous pricing. 50 bucks each? Sure, I'd pay that without a second thought for a newly-tooled, but for something taken over from existing tooling?

Sad part is I'll probably buy some anyways, because I do need at least a few more of each type... :wall:
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby CSD » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:14 am

Gents, before you get too bent out of shape, remember that there is about a 20% VAT included in those prices that we don't have to pay. Also, keep in mind that Gold Coast's prices were already increasing prior to the transition.
Mark
//S
CSD

Next

Return to General Discussion