Gold Coast 40' steel box car Southern Pacific

Gold Coast 40' steel box car Southern Pacific

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:14 pm

8 axle steel box car in Southern Pacific paint, 1948 prototype.
This is one of four Southern Pacific steel cars that Gold Coast offers with different running numbers.
Comes in a very nice clear plastic box.
The Gold Coast trucks are very well made with good detail (I should have taken a closeup :!: ). Very low rolling resistance and the car itself is well weighted.
The build is just a notch below Tillig standards (you can see where the different sides (parts) of the car meet if you look very close). However, detail and paint are definately in line with modern standards.
The model comes with several plastic parts for you to paint and apply.
Gold Coast will ship with your choice of Tillig couplers or Kadee #714s - this model has the Kadees.
In my opinion this is a very well made model. I wasn't sure what to expect when I ordered it - a ready to run model by a very small company without the resources of the well known manufacturers. Well, I was happily surprised. In fact, I ended up buying 3 more and another 4 in kit form.
I would LOOOOOOOVE for Gold Coast to come out with other types of wagon prototypes - I'd be first in line to buy them.
The manual is a small one side sheet of paper showing mounting locations for the detail parts.

Gold_Coast_40_foot_steel_boxcar_box.jpg

Gold_Coast_40_foot_steel_boxcar_side.jpg

Gold_Coast_40_foot_steel_boxcar_end.jpg

Gold_Coast_40_foot_steel_boxcar_top.jpg

Gold_Coast_40_foot_steel_boxcar_bottom.jpg

Gold_Coast_40_foot_steel_boxcar_detail.jpg

Gold_Coast_40_foot_steel_boxcar_parts.jpg

Gold_Coast_40_foot_steel_boxcar_manual.jpg
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin