German Engineering

Post your photos and video links here

Re: German Engineering

Postby Tom Dempsey » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:20 pm

This morning Alex, when I sheared off 200 PC Ties on an industrial shear designed and built in some foreign country called "Mini Soda". It was built a scant four years ago, is a standard model, and was purchased to replace the same model that the company has owned since 1978. Then I got into a big white GMC light truck that was assembled in another foreign country called "Ge Or Ghia" and drove home for lunch.
Tom Dempsey

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:01 pm

:) thanks Tom. Dont take my comments the wrong way. I simply would prefer more of my products to be built here. I have no problem with Chinese or anyone else I just dont want this country to loose the expertise or ability to produce. For example, I would prefer if the next laptop I buy is made here - thats not going to happen.

Sent using Tapatalk - now Free
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby j p » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:55 am

ConducTTor wrote: For example, I would prefer if the next laptop I buy is made here - thats not going to happen.

That depends on your choice.
http://www.computersmadeinusa.com/
j p

Postby TiTan downunder » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:23 am

Being a cynic, I'll bet Apples move is only because the Chinese wages have already gone up 20% and will continue to go by another 20% every year for the next 4 years.

Ian
TiTan downunder

Postby Bernd » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:44 am

j p wrote:
ConducTTor wrote: For example, I would prefer if the next laptop I buy is made here - thats not going to happen.

That depends on your choice.
http://www.computersmadeinusa.com/

It's a world wide market. Hardly anything is made 100% in one country any more. Scroll down to the features of this product and note the last line.

http://www.fslaser.com/Products/View/0?gclid=Cj0KEQjwms-vBRDlsM7utpaJ47ABEiQAIpKjTGT3AySkB0bWNF43-H_6RX3UupJpqNV5YRP7Xme06tQaAg1n8P8HAQ

Bernd
Bernd

Postby Tom Dempsey » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:30 pm

Ya know folks, there are a lot of thing manufactured in this world that aren't computers or telephones. Look up from the palm of your hand, move out of your basement, and embrace something non electronic once in a while. You might find that it's a brave new world and the sky isn't falling as fast as you've been told.
Tom Dempsey

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:41 pm

Thanks for the computers link.

Sent using Tapatalk - now Free
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Dibbedabb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:44 pm

ConducTTor wrote:They are ALL Chinese - nothing is made in Germany (or US) any more.

That's not true. Tillig does have an own production line in their factory in Sebnitz, and they run a factory just opposite the border in the Czech Republic.
Though I'm not true, which products are actually made where. I would think, the older products are made in Germany or the Czech Republic, while some - or many - of the newer products are made in China. The class 143 is definitely made in Sebnitz, because the casting molds for this model were damaged during a flood in Sebnitz (when the entire factory was flooded) some years ago.
Especially the TRAXX, class 189 and 1216 locos are most likely made in China, because their electric boards (used to) have "Modern Gala" logos. And I think I heard that the steam locos are made here, either in Sebnitz or the czech factory. Cars? I don't know...
Dibbedabb

Previous

Return to Photos / Videos