german ebay site

german ebay site

Postby jmass » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:15 pm

was wondering how you know if somebody ships worldwide and figuring out the conversion rates. theres a lot of nice stuff on the german site, problem is figuring out how to order!
jmass

Re: german ebay site

Postby ctxmf74 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:29 pm

jmass wrote: was wondering how you know if somebody ships worldwide and figuring out the conversion rates. theres a lot of nice stuff on the german site, problem is figuring out how to order!

Email them and ask. When I sell on ebay I often get inquires from european modelers. You can use babel fish translator website to change english into mostly readable german.....dave
ctxmf74

Postby Rich B » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:01 pm

I always search for items which accept paypal payment too (not actually the norm in Germany), which saves a lot of hassle with bank transfers.

On the item listing, under Sonstige Artikelinformationen you'll see a heading "Versand nach". If it lists your country/region or says Weltweit, you're in luck. As for the actual postage rates, Germany has some of the highest I know of for sending packets abroad, so check before bidding! Normally it'd be 35 to 40 Euros, so you either have to be getting bargain or buying lots for it to really be worthwhile.

Cheers

Rich
Rich B

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:48 pm

I have a list of sellers who will ship at reasonable prices and accept PayPal and also a list of "black listed" sellers. PM me if you want them.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby BTTB Fan » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:11 pm

I found that the majority of German sellers (who accpet PayPal - I can't handle the whole bank transfer hassle) would ship to Canada. The cost of shipping, however, is often a deal-breaker.
As far as the translation goes, either Babelfish or Google translators work OK. To make sure: a) look for familiar words after translation (misspelled English words do not get translated... duh!), and b) translate it back into English and see if it still makes sense ;)
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Return to General Discussion