Gears

Re: Gears

Postby MacG » Fri May 25, 2018 12:28 pm

Thanks for your explanation. I must think about.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby dirk65 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:33 pm

hello
I had some of these gears from a freind in Austria unfortuantly the worms did not run true making them not much use they were intended for M 152 motor kits.
are thses worms true or are these the same worms and gears i had
dirk65

Postby krokodil » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:59 pm

The gears have a modul 0,4 what is common in modelrailroad constructions. The gear on the axles (red) have the same modul, just the teeth are not in angle for the worm. That is why the gears are offset to the longitudional axle, and the worm hits the teeth just on the corner.
You can design also an another drive - common in the very last models, the axles with gears are coupled with many small gears ( red ones) and one of them is driven with a special step gear ( two different sizes in one piece). The smaller will drive the red gear on the axle, the bigger one will be driven by the worm ( tower gear). The big one can be very thin (1-1,5 mm) what will fit the worm.
Here is the design of Roco engine. The gear #4 is almost identical with the red gears, just thinner ( <2 mm). You can cut the red gears to required width.
http://www.mbs-sebnitz.de/media/pdfs/et/47-35012.pdf
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby dirk65 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:14 pm

hello
the problem i had is the .9 shaft is not in the center of the the worm ,so comes in and out of mesh when the worm is turning.
Are you the fellow that used to be in the Czech rail group with Jim Horsefield, paulcatchpole
dirk65

Postby krokodil » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi Dirk

Yes, I am. Unfortunatelly Jim passed away several years ago, and since that time the group is history.

Unfortunatelly the accuracy of the axles is critical with Modul 0,4 and lower. The heigth of teeth is 2xModule, and you need cca 0,2 mm for the inaccuracy of the gears.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby dirk65 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:02 am

hello
I am derek turner i used to look after the library in the czech railway group,we came to Austria in i think 1998
you met us and took us to a fantastic restaraunt I think in Viena what agreat holiday that was.
unfortunatly years ago my computer packed up and i have lost your E-mail address and i had lost track track with you,till now
very pleased to be able to contact you again
dirk65

Previous

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade