GANDTT

Re: GANDTT

Postby krokodil » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:03 pm

Bill Dixon wrote:I tried to recreate the original G&D using Tillig bedding track.

Nice!
John used also very tight curves and rather small,short vehicles. The first G&D was not a line for heavy long trains.
:smile: :wink: :smile:
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby railtwister » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:05 pm

Bill Dixon wrote:I tried to recreate the original G&D using Tillig bedding track. The result uses R2 curves and is almost as large as the original HO scale G&D. It ended up at 60" x 44". .

Hi Bill,

The original HO version of the G&D was said to be 43" x 80". If the grades are too much, consider stretching it in the long direction (you could match the original's 80"), which should allow you to match the original if not improve on the grade, since the vertical clearances for TT are less than HO. This could be a nice project, and would make a nice playground for the coming SW1200, even though John didn't like diesels!

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Postby krokodil » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:10 pm

Finally our RR room is finished, so we can start with the construction of our layout. I decided to build the G&D in TTe as a mine RR on our new TT layout.
Here is the first check of our track material. All switches are handmade.
On the left side I tried to build the modell of the famous railway in Burma ( Myanmar) with its zick-zacks.

image.jpg

Here is a short trailer.

http://youtu.be/lXz4WOnUvSU
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby krokodil » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:07 am

And here is the start of the terrain with some track layout trials, we are just working on the switchmotor fixing - those TTe turnouts are very small and we have to put microservos under each for the remote control.
Attachments
image.jpg
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:02 pm

What rolling stock will you be using?
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby krokodil » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:45 pm

ConducTTor wrote:What rolling stock will you be using?

Bush and models build on Bush H0f chassis. I will try to adopt them for TT, because the main lines around the mining RR will be TT.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby krokodil » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Some progress with the layout:

The viaduct is almost ready and the TTe switch subbase with the metal plates for the magnetic vehicles.
image.jpg

Here is the motorized switch.
image.jpg
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby krokodil » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:24 am

image.jpg

I started to build the framework for the TT layout. Here is the drawing - still not the final one. I appreciate any comment or improvement. The frame and the N.G layout ( brown on the left side) is given, everything else can be modified. The radius of the curves is >310 mm ( wrong text on the drawing).
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby j p » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:39 pm

The depot needs one more connection to the station. Depots of this size had always (at least) 2 connections. You don't want to paralyze all the traffic because of a problem with one turnout :)
It seems to me that the depot does not have enough space for all necessary buildings. You may consider reducing the number of tracks in the depot to make space for them: coal, slag, water, sand, lubricants, office, staff building. If you have diesel engines too then add also diesel tanks and refueling.
Each of the green branches needs an extra turnout on the branch line to protect the main line. This way of branching in not used very often. But if it used, the main line is protected by an additional turnout. Removing one (or both) of the green branches could help too.
http://nd01.jxs.cz/707/789/cda2feac1a_40295939_u.jpg?1244736775

The left side of the cyan station may need a minor change in order to make the main line go through the station correctly. It depends which of the lines on the right side of the station is the main one.

I hope that some of those ideas can help you.
Attachments
image1.jpg
j p

Postby krokodil » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:11 pm

Thanks JP!

I was exacty at the stage to modify the left end of the main station.
Actually I need the turntable just to rotate the steam locomotives - I am not sure yet about the rundhouse. It requires to much space. If we decide just for the turntable - can move it more to the left and gain som space for maintenanca facilities.
The entrance in to the maintenance facility (depot) will be modified, but usually in our regions these facilities have just a single track connection, and usually they are totally separated from the station and lines ( there is a border line at the enter into the depot).

The protection switches are still under consideration depending on the space and geometry.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

PreviousNext

Return to Layouts / Track Plans