Gamer Looking for TT Scale.

Gamer Looking for TT Scale.

Postby DMacIntyre » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:31 pm

Hello All,
Yes it is true I am a gamer, and looking for a resource of TT scale rolling stock and the like. Right now I am looking for terrain pieces, that is they do not have to look pretty or actually function, they will just add "the Look" to the table.
In the future, I would like to add an operating train to a table, but that is the future!
If any of you have items you cannot use, for any reason, I would appreciate a heads up!
I am located in the USA!
Thanks!
DMacIntyre

Re: Gamer Looking for TT Scale.

Postby areibel » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:13 pm

Hello Dmac!
Can I ask what era you're gaming in, and what you're looking for- types of rolling stock, scenery items, etc? I've always heard that 15mm accessories are close to TT but I never really checked it out.
Al
areibel

Postby Arseny » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:44 pm

I have some "15mm" jeeps and trucks, they are 1:100 in fact, but nevertheless can work.
Arseny

Postby DMacIntyre » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:17 pm

Hey Guys!
WWII, France 1944 specifically. Vintage looking rolling stock, doesn't have to be exact. I game in 15mm and most gamers use HO scale which is too large. I have a set of resin cast TT track and one refer car I found on eBay, but the $26 with shipping puts that far to high for me to do what I want.
There is a campaign I would like to do that features a rail yard, so that is the reason I am looking to stock up on stock so to speak!
Flames of War makes some armored WWI trains but, again, their prices for a single car/engine is out of my league!
DMacIntyre

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:28 pm

DMacIntyre wrote:WWII, France 1944 specifically. Vintage looking rolling stock, doesn't have to be exact.

You want to look at Era II German trains which there are a bunch of (most made by Tillig). http://www.eurotrainhobby.com/tt-scale/c105
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Arseny » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:25 pm

I should say http://www.eurotrainhobby.com/freight-cars-ii-tt/c111 - for cars
and http://www.eurotrainhobby.com/track-system-tt/c173 - for tracks

P.S. I like Flames of War's figures too.

train2.jpg

The GMC truck beyond the crossing is 15mm.
Arseny

Postby Bernd » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:44 pm

DMacIntyre wrote:I have a set of resin cast TT track and one refer car I found on eBay

Ok, this caught my attention quite fast. I've done some resin cast TT scale tie strips. Any chance of getting a picture of that resin track? I'm curious.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby DMacIntyre » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:51 pm

Sure Bernd,
Right now I have it all primed in flat brown. . . That is the Tillig car I got on eBay.

DMacIntyre

Postby DMacIntyre » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:43 pm

Arseny,
Though the cost may be prohibitive, Flames of War makes civilian figures, 9-10 in a blister. They fit in anywhere from 1930-1950 ish. Like your train set up!
Both My father and grandfather worked for the Michigan Central/New York Central, PennCentral RR. My Dad was a Baggageman/Yardman, My grandfather was a conductor. My brother and I spent a lot of summer afternoons in the yard at the depot in Detroit Michigan, sometimes we would ride the switch engines while trains were set up.
DMacIntyre

Postby tomvanhoy » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:50 pm

That reefer looks more like an English version, Tri-ang. Especially the couplers.
tomvanhoy

Next

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade