Fox Valley

This sub forum is meant to be a model library. Feel free to add any information / pictures and your own reviews on models. If a topic on your model already exists, please add to it. Otherwise, start a new one.

Fox Valley

Postby Bill Dixon » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:40 am

Word has just come out that Fox Valley has lost their factory in China. It closed. Atlas, Bowser and InterMountain were also produced in the same factory.

If you were thinking about getting some Fox Valley TT-Scale wheels I would do it now while they still have stock, as it is not known when they will have a new factory to produce product for them.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Re: Fox Valley

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:41 am

Yeouch!
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Bernd » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:05 am

Guess it's time for me to get a CNC lathe and produce my own. Looking at a Sherline CNC lathe.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby ConnRiver » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:43 am

Bernd wrote:Guess it's time for me to get a CNC lathe and produce my own. Looking at a Sherline CNC lathe.

Bernd

I have a Sherline 4400 (long bed) CNC lathe (and 2000 mill, too). With your machining experience and expertise, and these CNC machines, you would do wonderful things for TT scale. Please go for it!

-Brian Chapman
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Brian Chapman
Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA
ConnRiver

Postby Richard-B » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:31 pm

Bill Dixon wrote:Word has just come out that Fox Valley has lost their factory in China. It closed. Atlas, Bowser and InterMountain were also produced in the same factory.
WoT (Wheels of Time) is on the list as well...

Here is what Jason Schron from Rapido said on TrainOrders (Rapido is NOT affected!)
"The air pollution issue had nothing to do with the announcement that KK has decided to close Affatech, the factory in question. KK is at retirement age and his children don't want to take over the business. He's been doing this a long time and he decided he'd had enough. He actually used to live in Toronto, not far from me. Before we started the Rapido factory, KK and I discussed the idea of making Rapido models at his factory... over several glasses of single malt whisky at my hotel in Gaubu town. With hindsight I'm glad we went our own way. "
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between Shenzhen and Budapest...
Richard-B

Postby Bernd » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:37 pm

ConnRiver wrote:
Bernd wrote:Guess it's time for me to get a CNC lathe and produce my own. Looking at a Sherline CNC lathe.

Bernd

I have a Sherline 4400 (long bed) CNC lathe (and 2000 mill, too). With your machining experience and expertise, and these CNC machines, you would do wonderful things for TT scale. Please go for it!

-Brian Chapman
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Thanks Brian. I did turn my CNC mill into a lathe just to see if it could be done. It's better to have an actual lathe for that work.

Bernd
Bernd

Return to TT Scale Models