For the Yahoo group

Board rules and such. Read before posting.

For the Yahoo group

Postby ConducTTor » Sat May 28, 2011 9:58 pm

Many of the guys who've carried the TT torch for a long time live in yahoo groups and don't swing by here for various reasons. They would however like to be kept in the loop of new developments so from now on, I'll be re-posting pics from here to there. If anyone has an issue with this, contact me privately.

Cheers all!
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: For the Yahoo group

Postby jmass » Sun May 29, 2011 9:15 am

been reading the posts on ttims. seems like the older gents are very interested in the new developments. thats good news for all!
jmass

Postby milwrd1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:55 pm

Has anyone recently posted or attempted to read some of the posts on the TT_IMS forum? Yahoo recently did an upgrade :?: :?: :thumbdown: and the site is slower than ever. My computer locked up twice while trying to catch up on posts :thumbdown: :thumbdown:. Has anybody else experienced this and does anyone have an idea what the problem is :?:
milwrd1

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:50 pm

milwrd1 wrote:Has anyone recently posted or attempted to read some of the posts on the TT_IMS forum? Yahoo recently did an upgrade :?: :?: :thumbdown: and the site is slower than ever. My computer locked up twice while trying to catch up on posts :thumbdown: :thumbdown:. Has anybody else experienced this and does anyone have an idea what the problem is :?:

It is not just the TT_IMS forum on Yahoo that is all wonky now, after Yahoo's "Upgrades", all of the Yahoo Groups that I regularly visit and post at are now messed up too, and some there are hating the changes so much that some of those groups may end up moving to a different service, other than Yahoo.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby milwrd1 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:39 pm

"AngrySailor302 wrote" It is not just the TT_IMS forum on Yahoo that is all wonky now, after Yahoo's "Upgrades", all of the Yahoo Groups that I regularly visit.......

Thanks for the info. I had no idea the "upgrade" had spread to other Yahoo Groups. I wonder if Ms. Meyer knows of the problem. :?:
milwrd1

Postby scaro » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:15 pm

You do get a sense they want to kill groups, they have done many things in the past few years to make them harder to access.
scaro

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:14 pm

scaro wrote:You do get a sense they want to kill groups, they have done many things in the past few years to make them harder to access.

It's not just Yahoo! Groups, Yahoo has made Yahoo! Answers harder to use as well. It is almost just like how it was not long before they canned Geocities, where changes that made it harder to use were made, then they pulled the plug.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:17 pm

On a side note, as a software engineer working for a major web company (not Yahoo!), this is very interesting for me.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby milwrd1 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:32 pm

ConducTTor wrote:On a side note, as a software engineer working for a major web company (not Yahoo!), this is very interesting for me.

Interesting comment from the MMM (Main Most Moderator). :thumbup: In the short time I've been registered on this forum, I can't remember the forum locking up, or having to re-boot my computer while working in the forum. The pages load very fast and it is very easy to navigate within the forum. This is great, considering the age of my PC (11 years plus!!). Yes, I know it is time to go buy an up to date computer!! :lol: :lol:
milwrd1

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:40 pm

Unfortunately there HAVE been a few forum issues. However, they've been caused by the hosting company having server outages/problems. Not much that can be done about that. Glad you're enjoying the experience!
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Return to About The Board