For the newbes

For the newbes

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:07 am

Let's discuss the various basics for tt - track, couplers, resources, whatever. It would be easier on all of us to have a place where we can point to for someone new to the scale instead of regurgitating the finer points over and over.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: For the newbes

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:40 am

Suggestion: perhaps the section for new people to TT (and for those that want to refresh themselves) should be locked much like the "Forum Rules" thread, and suggestions for additions made in another thread. That way it minimizes the confusion that seems to run supreme with the threads so far on couplers, standards, and the like.
Real Women Not Only Drive Diesel Trucks, They Drive Diesel Tractors!
CaTTwoman281

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:25 am

Well, I thought THIS one would be for all discussions regarding what we tell newbies and then we'd take all the info and put it in a new locked topic. But the conversation seems to be going on elsewhere......maybe this wasn't the brightest idea?
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Christtking » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:13 pm

I should not consider myself a newbie to this scale, I'm 42 right now and collecting TT scale models since I was 7, so I want so make a point. I collect only European standard models and I came with this idea for almost 10 years now and I did not do anything about it. I invented, or better say developed a new coupler adaptor that is adapted to the ICE (TILLIG BAHN) and the older style inverted loop coupler style from former BTTB from the 80's (not former ZEUKE coupler from the 60's and 70's). I did not follow thru with the idea, I was thinking to send it to Tillig and see if they will manufacture it but I was still mad at Mister Tillig for not responding to my previous ideas that I've sent to him about improving the quality of his models, after he took charge over his new company. And another thing, by the time I've made up my mind about sending him my new idea about the coupler, I thought that was to late already, because he already developed and released on the market the new coupler, which I hate so much. The better version of it was later developed by KUEHN. So, back to my coupler. My coupler is intended to be used (or adapted) to any locomotive that is available or permitted to carry (haul) a broken down ICE train composition (being a driving car or the dummy) or the ICE car (s) to the repair shop. The thing is this coupler it is not available on the market and if I get some help from someone we can make this happen. Any ideas? Maybe (since I live in the States) the conducTTor would give me some advise, or even help. Any and all ideas are welcome!
Last edited by Christtking on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christtking

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:13 pm

Christtking wrote:I should not consider myself a newbie to this scale, I'm 42 right now and collecting TT scale models since I was 7, so I want so make a point.

In that case, this isn't the right place for you :wink: This topic is intended as a place to discuss the basics that we would relay to people new to TT who don't know where/how to start.

Christtking wrote:My coupler is intended to be used (or adapted) to any locomotive that is available or permitted to carry (haul) a broken down ICE train composition (being a driving car or the dummy or the ICE car (s) to the repair shop. The thing is this coupler it is not available on the market and if I get some help from someone we can make this happen. Any ideas? Maybe (since I live in the States) the conducTTor would give me some advise, or even help. Any and all ideas are welcome!

The easiest thing to do is take an ICE coupler and glue one end to a standard (whatever you want to use - BTTB/Tillig/Kuhn) coupler. Done.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Christtking » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:34 pm

To conducTTor: I apologise for the intrusion. I misunderstood the topic.
Christtking

Return to General Discussion