For the eBayers in the forum ...

Talk about anything and everything!

For the eBayers in the forum ...

Postby TTSMR » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:03 am

I ran across a site that gives rebates for eBay purchses last December (2010) and signed up just to see what happens. Sknce I buy and sell a ot of TT and other items on eBay, I wanted to see what would actually happen or if it was a scam.

Well, so far I have received around $15.00 in rebates! Not a lot I know but better than nothing! Combined with my eBay Bucks Ive gotten around $45.00 back! Thats just in 2 months.

I figured since I know its for real now I should share it with you guys. I always check this kinda thing out before I tell anyone.

The site has an agreement with eBay to advertise in exchange for these rebates. The rebate is a percenage of the fee charged to the seller. Ebay sellrs fees can be over 9% of the total sale.

All you have to do is sign up with the site. Before buying on eBay, sign into your account and start shopping on eBay.

You can sign up here. If the link doesnt work for you just copy and paste this url in your browser:

http://www.bigcrumbs.com/

Just to be fully transparent, if you sign up with this link, I will get an extra very small commision when ever you purchase something on eBay. Its like 1% or so. That means I will need over a million folks to sign up in order to get rich! Lol

Im only using it for eBay but there are a bunch of other sites you will get rebates from too,

If you havent signed up for the eBay Bucks program for eBay buyers, you should do that too. Ebay doesnt give you cash like the other site does, but they do give you credits to be used like cash toward eBay purchases.
Last edited by BTTB Fan on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spam from the link
TTSMR

Re: For the eBayers in the forum ...

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:30 am

I feel some responsibility regarding the above since it's posted on this forum.

I did some digging around and although BigCrumbs appears genuine there are some tendencies towards a pyramid scheme. The genuineness: how can they just give you money? They get a referral payment for every sale made by a visitor through their site. Basically, if you buy something from BestBuy and you got to the purchase through BigCrumbs, BB says "thanks for the sales referral, here's your comission". BigCrumbs then hands YOU a small portion of their commission for using them.

The bad: The idea that you earn more by getting others to sign up is pyramid class 101. I also found it shady that the first related search that comes up on Google (when you do a search on "bigcrumbs") is "bigcrumbs scam" - see screenshot below.

So there you go - I consider my due diligence complete.

bc.jpg
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby BTTB Fan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:03 pm

A couple of moderator comments:
1) Since this is not directly related to TT, it's moved to Off Topic.
2) To prevent TTSMR from being banned for spam, the URL is edited to not include his referral ID.
And a personal comment - as ConducTTor said, these kids of business models are best treated with caution.
Last edited by BTTB Fan on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby TTSMR » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:44 am

Hey guys, its working for me and I just wanted to let others know.

Like I joked in my original post, the referrals arent going to make you much. Its the rebates your after when you buy something.

As far as pyramid schemes, you have to pay a fee in a pyramid scheme. This s a classic marketing referal 'scheme' if you want to call it a scheme. I looked it up at first too. I found a lot of folks who liked it. Then I tried it myself before telling others.

Its working for me and its free.

If you dont want to get rebates from your eBay purchases thats cool. But I pay 9% and up when I sell on eBay. I want all I can get back from eBay!

Don
TTSMR

Postby BTTB Fan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Hi, Don,
Fair enough, and we are keeping the post/thread for the potential benefit to the readers here.
And I wholehartedly agree about the eBay fees - 9% is robbery!
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby TTSMR » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:04 pm

I just purchased 4 lots from eBay this morning and received over $7 from eBay and $6 from BigCrumbs. Thats a $14 savings just this morning.

If we use the referrals we can get a little more. Not much but a little is better than nothing.

Just trying ot get 'OUR' money back to us!!!

Don
TTSMR

Postby Arseny » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:17 pm

TTSMR wrote:I just purchased 4 lots from eBay this morning

Hmm.... It was you, who bought some lots of 7 TT scale cars each, and did not allow ME to do it?! Arrgh!... :evil:

:lol:
Arseny

Postby TTSMR » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 pm

Well shucks...if I had know it was YOU bidding against me...I would have bought them all!!! lol

Did you get any of them?

When I ran the TTSMR on yahoo, I used to buy up all the TT stuff for the group members. They would agree to purchase a certain amount before I started bidding. Then I would divide it up between the members who wanted to go in on it. That way we didnt compete or bid against each other. It worked well. We were able to get locos and rolling stock really cheap.

I may not need all of these I won this morning. Should I keep you in mind?

Don
TTSMR

Postby Arseny » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:56 am

TTSMR wrote:Did you get any of them?

No. :cry:

But I was bidding only for 2 of them - I wanted some cabooses and/or flatcars and gondolas only, I was not interested in boxcars.

When I ran the TTSMR on yahoo, I used to buy up all the TT stuff for the group members. They would agree to purchase a certain amount before I started bidding. Then I would divide it up between the members who wanted to go in on it. That way we didnt compete or bid against each other. It worked well. We were able to get locos and rolling stock really cheap.

Good idea. Maybe we must do the same thing at this forum?..

Another reason for it is not signoficant for you but is significant for me - some sellers do not support shipping outside the US!

I may not need all of these I won this morning. Should I keep you in mind?

Yes, of course, it would be great. I do not need SIX cabooses too. :)
If you do not need some wagons, please inform me...
Arseny

Postby TTSMR » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:09 pm

Soon as I get the package I wil let you know what I have left over. Give me a list of what your looking for.

Next time I see a large lot of TT items I will let the group know and see if anyone wants to go in together like I used to do.

Here is a heads up if your interested. I just purchased a 'lot' of Persevet items.

All are supposed to be new in the box. Soon as I get them I will inspect them and have photos up.
I will be listing them in the for sale section today and take first come offers.
Photos will be added when I receive them.

I underdstand the difficulty shipping outside the US.

There is very little protection for US sellers when selling to overseas buyers. Plus shipping overseas is getting so expensive. Buyers complain to us sellers that our shipping is too high ... but it isnt our fault.

Shipping to Russia isnt too bad but it is a little more expensivre than other countries.

I can ship up to 1 pound to Russia for around $15 to $18 depending on insurance and tracking. I wont ship overseas with out it. Part of the problem is damages but another problem is somtimes there are people who will say they never received there items (even tho they did) and we are forced by eBay and PayPal to issue refunds.

One of the advanatges of being in a group like TTnut.com is that we kinda get to know each other. If there is a problem we can warn orther members. I have to say tho, between this group and my old TTSMR group, I have only had 2 or 3 problems in 10 years.
Last edited by TTSMR on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TTSMR

Next

Return to Off Topic