Favourite engine in fleet

Re: Favourite engine in fleet

Postby jmass » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:03 pm

hey conducter,on page24 of the november issue of trains,theres an article on electrifacation of american rails.an artist rendering is of an electric in norfolk southern scheme. looks rather good.and sailor, in the december issue if you havent allready read it is an article on your rights as a railfan, what the law can and cant do.
jmass

Postby CSD » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:49 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Aha! From what I've been able to find, there is one left in existence (this must be it) and there has been talk for years of restoring it but so far the funding has not been available.

The Brawa site is stating that a percentage of the purchase of a model of this locomotive is going toward its restoration. Unfortunately, its seems its only the HO model.
http://www.brawa.de/en/products/h0/loco ... 5-drg.html
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:06 am

jmass wrote:hey conducter,on page24 of the november issue of trains,theres an article on electrifacation of american rails.an artist rendering is of an electric in norfolk southern scheme. looks rather good.and sailor, in the december issue if you havent allready read it is an article on your rights as a railfan, what the law can and cant do.

I have the Dec 2009 Issue of trains, and I have gone over the photographer's rights section.

I have not had an issue with taking pictures of trains from any railroad except CSX. CSX claims to not know anything of the incident where one of their jerk employees (again CSX=Jerk) broke Nicholle's camera. With bigger legal fish to fry (namely the incompetent doctors that have made my medical situation worse by refusing to act, or actually made things far worse than they have to be), I have opted to not go after CSX for the repairs for the camera.

I have even gotten some encouragement from some Amtrak employees to take photos, namely in the Cafe car of a Regional train that I was riding from ct to Washington DC, as I had set up a loop of N scale track and was running an Amtrak F40PH with a pair of Amfleet cars.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby jmass » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:58 am

the only encounter ive had with csx was when i walked up to the tracks to take a picture of a set of union pacific ac units waiting for assignment at oak island in newark nj. this employee asked me what i was doin and i told him taking pictures of the union pacifics.all he said was to not stay too long cause the railroad police might not take to kindly to me trespassing. and he walked away. so i left. you dont see union pacific power often in these parts.
jmass

Postby CSD » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:54 pm

A new favorite has been picked. I'm absolutely obsessed with it right now.
PC120004.jpg
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby Rich B » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:50 pm

Stoppit. Want one. Can't afford one right now. Grrr!
Rich B

Previous

Return to Prototypes / Models