favorite train set

Talk about anything and everything!

favorite train set

Postby jmass » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:04 pm

i was thinking about all the trainsets i owened over the course of my life time and started thinking about which one was my favorite, and figured ide throw it out and see if my fellow tters have a favorite.my all time favorite would have to be the s helper service f unit train set of which the loco is my avatar. beautifull set that ran great and had that solidly built feel to it.that loco ran smother and quiter than anything in any other scale i ever owened. that is the one set i truely hated having to sell.
jmass

Re: favorite train set

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:32 pm

I love my passenger sets. I would have to go with the Alex Arriva though. And it's not because it has my name on it. The first time I saw it I didn't know what it was and didn't notice the "Alex" on it but fell in love with it immediately. I paid way too much for it but what do you do?
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby TT-SouthAfrica » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:05 am

Once apon a long time ago, I used to own a Lima HO Blue Train Set, being my first Proper Trainset, besides those plastic trainsets. As a Seven Year old, I used to be spend hours playing with my Set, which included the famous coach livery, and locomotive which even came with a coach washing gadget, a couple of years later the engine blew literally and stupidly ended up giving what I had left of the set away.

My Second Set however has to be my Favorite Train set, as this is the first one that I've owned with buildings, poeple, various different types of rolling stock and so on therefore my Berliner TT Bahnen Collection is my favorite atm. :)
Regards
Gareth Owen
The one and possibly only South African TT'er
TT-SouthAfrica

Postby ArturSch » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:14 pm

My favorite period of the railways are years 20th and 30th of XX century (Epoch II), when it began a period of electric railway - and the more strange, the better. In TT we have some interesting electric locomotives from this period:
:arrow: E04 (Rothe TT)

:arrow: E17 (Jago, DEÁK)

:arrow: E32 (Jago, DEÁK, stromlinie.eu)

:arrow: E44 (Tillig)

:arrow: E70 01 (Zeüke, Tillig) and E70 08 (stromlinie.eu)
Image Image

:arrow: E94 (BTTB, Tillig)

:arrow: E95 (Brawa)

:arrow: ET 89 (stromlinie.eu)

But let us return to the topic, when it comes to the whole train is ... Karwendel-Expreß (BTTB 01320).

Today we can use Tillig's loco and cars:
ImageImageImage

With this composition is a problem. Locomotive E94 (BTTB) has not ridden in the composition of the Karwendel-Expreß because it was built only in the 40's. :lol: Often used E16:
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Eisenbahn-Journal 2/1991, page 22-27.

More: http://forumtt.pl/viewtopic.php?t=3502 (PL).
ArturSch

Postby jmass » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:58 pm

i should also make mention of the roco digital starter set that came with three freight cars and a 234 ludmilla. great running set but did not come with track. had to sell that one too but i know it went to a very good home! so i am saving my pennies for the tillig digital start set with the br 218 and three freight cars.
jmass

Postby BTTB Fan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:19 pm

jmass wrote:...had to sell that one too but i know it went to a very good home!...

:thumbup: :wink:
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Return to Off Topic