Farewell, Captain Duchess!

Talk about anything and everything!

Farewell, Captain Duchess!

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:39 pm

All,

I have sad news to share: Captain Duchess Natasha Romanov, my companion animal for well over a decade, just passed away today from complications due to being attacked by an owl from last Monday.

In typical Natasha-like fashion, her passing moments were spent watching model trains in TT and S Scale roll on by as she purred away as best as she could until she closed her eyes and stopped. She knew the end was coming, and she insisted that she be surrounded by who and what she loved the most.

Please join me in paying respect to the Duchess and, perhaps, raise a toast to her tonight.

"To Natasha the Railroad Cat, Thank You for Your Company for so long. Dear Natasha, Hail and Farewell..."
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Re: Farewell, Captain Duchess!

Postby tomvanhoy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:51 pm

Sorry for your loss. Pets quickly become family!
tomvanhoy

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:22 pm

tomvanhoy wrote:Sorry for your loss. Pets quickly become family!

Thank you.

Natasha was a unique cat, with her love of trains, both real and model. I wish the photo of her at the throttle of the Big Boy in St. Louis, MO turned out better.

That cat really loved trains, to the point where she would roll in coal dust from steam locomotives when afforded the chance. She helped me out with my claustrophobia and PTSD at the 2013 National Train Show as well.

The only major issue right now is that the Duchess passed away with no direct replacement. I am not sure that I can go to any major shows without a companion animal, smaller shows, maybe, but not a major one, not now.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:28 pm

I'm very sorry man :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Return to Off Topic