Exhibition pamphlet

Exhibition pamphlet

Postby TiTan downunder » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:31 am

Is there somewhere I can download a brief history of TT to go in a pamphlet I am doing up for show, Nov 2nd & 3rd where I will be displaying my small, 2m x 1m, European layout. I am currently doing up an A5 pamplet ( A4 folded in half ) with details of the layout on the front and a track plan on the back. In the centre pages I have listed all TT web sites ( shops, manufacturers, etc ) that I know of and have space for a short history of TT on one page. There will also be a " stair " comparison display showing N, TT & HO to help re-introduce/educate the attendees about TT scale in it's current format.
Ian
TiTan downunder

Re: Exhibition pamphlet

Postby areibel » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:20 am

There's a brief history on TT Scale.com ( http://www.ttscale.com/Frame-top.html ),
there's a tab on the left side for History that tells the basics.
areibel

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:23 pm

If you want, feel free to use our pamphlets if you want, they include a short history of TT, and have comparisons to HO and N, with a photo comparing F-units in N, TT,and HO.
Real Women Not Only Drive Diesel Trucks, They Drive Diesel Tractors!
CaTTwoman281

Postby dileTTante » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:16 pm

There's a page on wikipedia about TT scale. You can lift the brief portion of text about the history of TT.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TT_scale

-Terry C
dileTTante

Postby areibel » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:31 pm

A typical Wiki entry, kinda sorta gets the info there, just not quite all correct! Looks like whoever wrote it shopped around and pulled enough info that they deemed correct and got "published".
areibel

Postby Rob M » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:25 pm

areibel wrote:A typical Wiki entry, kinda sorta gets the info there, just not quite all correct! Looks like whoever wrote it shopped around and pulled enough info that they deemed correct and got "published".

You can click the 'edit' button and correct the info any Wiki page. You may need to signup though.
Rob M

Postby TiTan downunder » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:25 pm

Thanks to you all for the infomation. Will finish of the pamplet tonight in time to get enough ( ? ) copies ready for the show. Have one or two helpers comming along and should be great weekend of ' playing trains '. Will try and post some photos If us geriatrics can figure out how to do it otherwise, grand-daughter can propably come to our rescue. Ian
TiTan downunder

Return to General Discussion