Exhibitable TT layout- Stromallee

Re: Exhibitable TT layout- Stromallee

Postby j p » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:33 pm

Maybe you mean the business distributing coal to the houses? Then my guess would be Kohlenhändler, Kohlenhandlung, or Brennstoffhandlung.
j p

Postby Rich B » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:44 am

j p wrote:Maybe you mean the business distributing coal to the houses? Then my guess would be Kohlenhändler

That's the stuff, thank you.
Rich B

Postby Rich B » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:45 am

I've written up the fictional background for Stromallee as an introduction to it on RMWeb. I thought I'd share it here...

In der dunklen Seite der Stadt...

On the eastern fringes of Steinrücken's Industriegelände, just beyond the town's power station, stands a paper mill. Built in the 1920s, the works survived the post-Wende industrial collapse and today operates in private hands as Steinrückner Papier GmbH. The paper mill enjoys a steady supply of wood from the Zellwald which comes in by road, however other raw materials are delivered by rail from further afield, such as lime from Rübeland. The mill sends out some of its production by rail. The wagonload consignments in and out are served by trip workings from Riesa and Dresden, some run by DB Schenker and others by the Mittelweserbahn. The line to the mill is the rump of the former Lommatzscher Kreisbahn, the only other remaining rail served site being a coal merchant's across the road (the eponymous Stromallee) from the mill. There's not much else further up the road, just a few farms, and so the surface beyond the paper mill's entrance remains cobbled and narrow.

Running past the paper mill site is KBS 506, the Borsdorf - Coswig railway. This was electrified as far as Steinrücken in 1970, becoming part of Dresden's S-Bahn in 1973. Push-pull trains run hourly to Steinrücken, others terminating further east, in Meissen. DMUs run from Meissen to Leipzig. At times of engineering on KBS 500 (Leipzig - Dresden), long distance trains may be seen running through Steinrücken. The line is single track, though a passing loop at the junction with the former Kreisbahn allows shorter trains to cross.
Rich B

Postby Rich B » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:54 pm

I'm finalising building placements. The blocky building on the left will be laminated with steel siding, to represent storage silos. There's also the scenic exit for the industrial tracks taking shape. I have to make a loading dock now, I'll probably draw up a shell for cutting again, I just don't trust plasticard alone, it's too prone to warping.
Rich B

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:20 pm

:thumbup:
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Juup » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:34 pm

Looking great :) A bit confused about totality. In the last image, the left side of the layout seems missing ... that is, the tunnel on the left is gone. Are you building the layout in modules?
Juup
Juup

Postby Rich B » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:51 am

Juup, it's in three sections so that it can break down and fit in the boot of a Passat, and stow away in some shelves above the stairs.
Rich B

Postby Juup » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:47 am

That makes sense then. Are you bringing the whole layout to Derby? I guess you'll be working flat out :) Juup
Juup

Postby CN-TT » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:16 am

Rich B wrote:... stow away in some shelves above the stairs.

Why would you do that? Please, don't hide it!!! It looks soooo good :thumbup:
You gotta do much more than believe if you really wanna change things!

"The GuiTTar Case" Gallery
"The GuiTTar Case" YouTube
CN-TT

Postby Rich B » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:31 am

I treated myself to some new wagons on the weekend, including a kit for a ČD Kbkks 10 stake wagon with two 20' ISO containers. The containers are the best I've found yet in TT, having correct roof ribs. There are some fiddly etched parts to fit, and I've given up on trying to form the plates that protect the buffers from the fold down ends! Still, it's a nice kit, very little flash and it comes with NEM close coupling mechanisms and Kuehn couplings, plus transfers for ČD and ČD Cargo.

Rich B

PreviousNext

Return to Layouts / Track Plans