european TT wagons used in the UK?

european TT wagons used in the UK?

Postby scaro » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:22 am

given that the UK has its own TT scale, 3mm, i wondered perversely enough, which of the crop of wagons offered in 'proper' TT for european prototypes have UK versions or operate/d commonly in the UK?

this one at least does look rather like some british wagons: http://www.reynaulds.com/products/Roco/37545.aspx

regards, ben
scaro

Re: european TT wagons used in the UK?

Postby Zs12 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:33 am

Because of the smaller clearance gauge in UK, I don't think there're matching cars. In the past there were some so called ferry boat waggon types, which could run on both continental and UK routes. But I don't know what kind of cars today run through the channel tunnel.
Zs12

Postby scaro » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:20 am

i think there are vans that do go through the channel but i admit to a very poor knowledge of UK prototypes, even though i live here ... i know car carriers very similar to the articulated tillig ones traverse my local line, the gospel oak to barking route. modelling modern UK outline- at least in the area i live would be quite easy when it comes to locos. you just need 66s ... in about four or five colour schemes. i think mehano was doing them in TT or perhaps they only announced and never made them (i have not seen one in the flesh). their current website does not mention them in TT though it did previously.

scaro

Postby Zs12 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:30 am

Mehano has only advertised it, but brought it never out. Worsley Works has a class 66 kit in stock and also the heavier class 59. Carsten has already built one onto a Tillig BR 120 (DR) chassis: http://www.tt-board.de/forum/showpost.p ... stcount=11
Zs12

Postby scaro » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:59 am

love to be able to see that, but as i cannot speak german i have never managed to join the site- a great pity as clearly there are some fantastic pics there.
scaro

Postby Zs12 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:16 am

Just ask Carsten per PM. I guess he would upload them here again.
Zs12

Postby scaro » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:23 am

i've almost managed to register using google translate, but do not think i am getting the random question correct-

Die Trennung des Weges bei der Bahn wird erreicht durch welche Vorrichtung?

or

Wie nennt man das auf dem Loks und Wagen fahren?

i thought the answer to the second question would be 'bahnstrecke' but apparently not.
scaro

Postby scaro » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:45 am

well, i registered but they are still not visible ... nice try i guess ;-)
scaro

Postby BTTB Fan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:57 am

lüTTe wrote:Mehano has only advertised it, but brought it never out. Worsley Works has a class 66 kit in stock and also the heavier class 59. Carsten has already built one onto a Tillig BR 120 (DR) chassis: http://www.tt-board.de/forum/showpost.p ... stcount=11

I hope Carsten would not mind the re-posting of his pictures for those with no access to tt-board.de. Here they are.
class66.JPG

class66(4).JPG

class66(6).JPG
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby scaro » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:25 am

thanks BTTB. i'm being a twit ... you need to confirm your registration to see the larger pics. i've done that now. :smile:
scaro

Next

Return to Prototypes / Models