DigiTrains throttle for android

Re: DigiTrains throttle for android

Postby dileTTante » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:51 pm

Although Bjoern has troubles with Digitrains + JMRI, I have found the Digitrains app works well on my android tablets running Roco Z21. At first set-up an error message appeared when choosing Z21 instead of DigiWiFi. But after re-starting the tablet the app connected automatically to the Z21. I'm pleased. The samples of sound work. There's an announcement over a train station loudspeaker - in Hungarian. Probably the sound is no worse from a tablet than from a tiny speaker in a TT locomotive.

The throttle has a slider, but also has + and - buttons for changing speed one step at a time. It also offers speed control with the sound volume button on the tablet, so you don't have to look at the screen for that. Mine didn't work but it may need a change in set-up --I haven't spent time investigating.

-Terry C.
dileTTante

Re: DigiTrains throttle for android

Postby CN-TT » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:08 pm

Problem solved! DigiTrains works just fine with JMRI! Most often the computer problem sits in front of the computer :whistle:
To connect the app with JMRI you have to open a "Web Server" not the "WiThrottle Server" like I did :wall:
You gotta do much more than believe if you really wanna change things!

"The GuiTTar Case" Gallery
"The GuiTTar Case" YouTube
CN-TT

Previous

Return to Electric / DCC