digital starter set

digital starter set

Postby jmass » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:50 am

i am buying a tillig digital starter set as my present to myself. i know the power chord is going to be the standard european plug. does any one know if radio shack carries an adapter for european plugs? or am i going to have to find one on ebay. the store in germany does not carry them. joe
jmass

Re: digital starter set

Postby Arseny » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:18 pm

Don't forget about the voltage - German (and Russian) standart is 220V / 50 Hz, while the American is 127 V / 60 Hz, if I am not mistaken...
Arseny

Postby MacG » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:58 pm

Is it the set with the Navigator? Then you can change the power supply. I can later also read the voltage input range of the power supply. I own this model from Tillig.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby jmass » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:47 pm

yes, its the tillig digital starter set with the br118 loco and three freight cars. with the euro down so low i figured this is the perfect time too buy. i already placed an order for an adapter. thanks guys. joe
jmass

Postby MacG » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:23 pm

I have looked at my power supply. It has a wide range input 100-230V. You can contact www.esu.eu and ask for an us-power connector. The power supply has a removeable power connector.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby jmass » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:44 pm

well i just got the set today and man it is nice. tillig certainly includes a good amount of track. however two small complaints. the turnout is a kit form and instructions are in german. and of course the instructions for the esu navigator are totally in german.so i am sitting here just looking at it for now until i could figure out what i can by deciphering the german.
jmass

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:50 pm

Go to www.esu.eu and download the manual in english. As for the turnout kits, throw them out.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby dileTTante » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:02 pm

Hope you will post your opinions about using the Navigator. And send the turnouts to me.
-Terry
dileTTante

Postby jmass » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:16 pm

well the sets up and running, and i got to say i am quite happy. the loco runs like a charm and i would say that their is no skimping on either the loco or the freight cars. as for the navigator, it took me three attempts before i finally had it programmed. i have to figure what step i was doing wrong. but as far as its actual controls are concerned. its very easy to use. big thumbs up to tillig. they really need to include assembled turnouts. that would be my only complaint.
jmass

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:13 am

Out of curiosity, what set is it?
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion