dcc decoder in Berliner Bahnem Czech T334

dcc decoder in Berliner Bahnem Czech T334

Postby dirk65 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi folks
I have just started dabbling with dcc So i feel i have a lot to learn How ever i have chosen to make T334 Czech loco 1.120 of course i was really struggling for space and decided that would remove what i call chokes from the chassis and with bit of grinding have made enough room to fit decoder a CT electronics DCX 75D wired version in and thread wires for lights up into cab they will be a job on there own through lack space
How ever as dc set up the loco ran very well ,but as DCC does not run no ware near as good
The motor as far as i know is Berliner Bahn open frame 3 pole
I am not 100 % sure this is not a pick up problem.
i Think needs some adjustments making but i am not sure what to touch
I use decoder pro so i can see all the settings on screen any suggestions from any one who knows would be very much appreciated
thanks for any help offered in advance Dirk 65
dirk65

Re: dcc decoder in Berliner Bahnem Czech T334

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:58 pm

You are likely seeing these problems because the decoder is not set up properly. I wish there was an easy way to explain how to do it but every decoder is a little different. I suggest (this is what I did) to google decoder motor setting and read everything you can find. Then start experimenting with different values where appropriate. From my experience it's not a quick easy thing to figure out but in the end it's worth it. Also, if CT has a forum I would ask for help there. Or call the company. And of course, make sure to read the manual (I don't know how good/bad CT manuals are).

The settings you are concerned with are: starting voltage, speed curve, motor / EMF settings.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby krokodil » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:26 am

Do not forget to check the PWM frequenz, CV9. It is set from factory to the range 16 kHz, dor the older motors the lower frequency may help (CV9 - value 13-63), it will reduce the frequency down to ~ 100 Hz)
The following CVs should be checked:
CV29
CV50, 51, 52

Good luck!
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby MacG » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:26 pm

Have you removed the capacitors at the motor? With removing of the coils I'm not sure. I haven't digitized a BTTB-loco.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby dirk65 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:06 am

I would like to thank you all for your help yes i removed capacitor and the two chokes in chassis under axles that space has provided room for decoder.I sent email to Ct Austria it is better but still not as good as on DC
thanks again
Dirk 65
dirk65

Return to Electric / DCC