Damaged goods

Damaged goods

Postby Bill Dixon » Mon May 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Anybody had problems getting a damaged shipment from Modelbahnweltd24?

I received a package a short while ago that was crushed in shipping.

The box was too short for one piece of flex track in it (they bent it into a bow to fit it in the box) and one end was mangled.
As well the box was too flimsy for a International shipment and did not have enough packing to keep from getting crushed. Everything else arrived OK.

I am not too worried about the piece of flex track as the undamaged piece is long enough for my purposes, but it would be nice if M-b-w24 accepted responsibility for the poor packing job and stopped blaming the shippers.

Any one of three things: a longer box, a stronger box or more packing material, would have allowed the shipment to arrive undamaged.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Re: Damaged goods

Postby ConducTTor » Mon May 16, 2016 9:27 pm

Never had problems with their shipping - but the last time I ordereD from them was a couple of years ago so maybe things have changed. I would send them an email.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby krokodil » Tue May 17, 2016 3:58 am

Probably the new shipping/postal regulations are the reason of box sizes. About 2 years ago the introduced some stupid size regulations and even 1 mm oversize increases the shipping cost dramatically. (Double or more). With flex track it can be quite critical.
Some companies did solid investigations in the new regulations, others did not, they increased just the shipping costs generally ( even within EU - look at ebay).
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby Bill Dixon » Wed May 18, 2016 10:59 am

ConducTTor wrote:Never had problems with their shipping - but the last time I ordereD from them was a couple of years ago so maybe things have changed. I would send them an email.

I have been in contact with them.
I said in my original post:
I am not too worried about the piece of flex track as the undamaged piece is long enough for my purposes, but it would be nice if M-b-w24 accepted responsibility for the poor packing job and stopped blaming the shippers.

I'll most likely continue to deal with them but will be careful of what I order.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Return to General Discussion