Dĕčín h.n.

Post your photos and video links here

Re: Dĕčín h.n.

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:44 pm

Well in that case, is there a Czech version of this guy (68E)? I'm curious because it's a staple of Bulgarian railways (where I was born). There are all kinds of small series Czech models and I wonder if I could find one of these.

What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CSD » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:14 am

The Czech version is alive and well. Here is a picture of one in Brno from my vacation.
PA240431.jpg

Tell you what. I'm building a scratch building a DC version (E469.2) which used the same body from some parts I found over there. I plan to make a mold of the body so I can make as many as I like. I will send you one. The guts from a keuhn or tillig E11/42 can be used to power it. With a little modification and the addition of the side vents you could make it. It will be a while before I make any more molds, but I'll keep you informed when I do. Unfortunately, there is no ready made model available. Here is a picture of what I have.
PB110003.jpg

Sorry about the focus.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby Rich B » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:41 am

I think modelling Czech would be easier in TT than any other scale- certainly I saw more for sale when I visited than H0 or N. As an example, Rubikon do what seem to be hand finished models for about US$270- see http://www.zeleznicni-modelarstvi.cz/s/ ... d-zsr.aspx for a dealer.
Rich B

Postby CSD » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:47 am

Rich B wrote:I think modelling Czech would be easier in TT than any other scale- certainly I saw more for sale when I visited than H0 or N. As an example, Rubikon do what seem to be hand finished models for about US$270- see http://www.zeleznicni-modelarstvi.cz/s/ ... d-zsr.aspx for a dealer.

I actually have one of their rail buses. The mechanism is not very good. Its loud and the speed is irregular. So much so that I'm not going to use it. I have seen some on the internet that work nice (but still loud) so it might be kind of a dice roll to get a good one. Shame.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby CSD » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:12 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Well in that case, is there a Czech version of this guy (68E)? I'm curious because it's a staple of Bulgarian railways (where I was born). There are all kinds of small series Czech models and I wonder if I could find one of these.

I did some investigation into Bulgarian railways and found some other potential models for you.

I have one of these little shunters in orange (from Tillig). It works very well.
800px-Bulgarian_state_railways_52-204.jpg

With a repaint you could get a BR50 or a BR52 (from Tillig). Since you only want one steam loco, this might be a good conversion. I love the green highlights.
14.41~BDZ-AB.jpg

2235392583_6460bcd5c4.jpg

This is another Czech AC electric. These ones had the nickname Laminatka on account of their laminated plastic fronts. I did see a body shell for this one in europe and have been kicking myself in the Haggis for not buying it. I'll try to scoop one up on my next visit or I can contact Mr. Kresta to see if he has one in stock.
vlak2-small.jpg
vlak2-small.jpg (16.27 KiB) Viewed 459 times
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:50 pm

Thank you sir! I knew of the shunter but was not aware that the BR50/52 would work as well. The Ludmilas are another option that I've looked at.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CSD » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:12 pm

Check this out ConducTTor, you should be pleased (http://www.litomysky.cz/kolejiste/TTtono01.htm). I knew I had seen one somewhere. As you can see it is very similar to the shell I have. I should make that mold sooner rather than later, then we can compare our projects. AC vs. DC.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Ha! Thanks for the linky. And yes, a mold would be highly appreciated.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Photos / Videos