Czechia - Ceske Drahy

These are prototypes which either exist as TT scale models or can be modeled from existing models.

Re: Czechia - Ceske Drahy

Postby Christtking » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:16 pm

Thank you jp! I appreciate it! Salutari din Colorado! That"s Romanian for "Greetings from Colorado".
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:12 pm

A_double_deck_passenger_car_Bdmteeo_on_railway_station_23_08_2013.jpg
03_Os_20909B.jpg
CD_Bmo_26-18.jpg
CD_double_CB.jpg
CD_Bmo_bogie.jpg
Next to the bogie it is the most important detail that a lot of companies forget to add or can't because the limited space won't allow it (Kuehn's models are big enough), the poop chute. Look at my new topic somewhere on this forum!
More photos to help with the expansion of TT models
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:48 pm

CD_Bc_Decin.jpg
CD_Os6636.jpg
CD_Os6636_Bc_old.jpg
CD_Spec_SH_060907_2.jpg
CD_WR_88-41_002-5.jpg
Some CD coaches
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:56 pm

DSCF1979.JPG
DSCF1979.JPG (7.49 KiB) Viewed 662 times
CD_Os6636_Bc.jpg
CD-WR-Praha.jpg
Christtking

Postby LVG1 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:07 pm

Some comments about the recent three posts:

All these images show GDR-made passenger cars delivered to Czechoslovakia. Unfortunately, my information is limited to the time of delivery. I absolutely don't know how these cars were split up between Czech Republic and Slovakia. And I'm also not up-to-date concerning the liveries of that time.

The first one of these three posts shows double-decker coaches made by Waggonbau Görlitz (WG) in 1976. 50 Units of them were made for Czechoslovakia. I'm not sure concerning the livery but TT-scale models of this type of car are available.

The next post shows various versions of Y-type cars.
First, second and third images are second-class coaches. 493 units of these cars were made by Waggonbau Bautzen (WB) from 1965 through 1972 for Czechoslovakia. Their livery was green.
Those Y-type coaches are available in TT scale.

On the fourth picture, you can see a second-class couchette coach. Waggonbau Bautzen (WB) delivered 97 units of them in three batches from 1967 through 1972. I don't know if there were differences between the various batches. They were all delivered in green standard livery.
I don't know if also the minor details of the available TT-scale models fit this type of car. Except for the arrangement of roof top mountings, the prototypes of these cars were externally identical to the regular Y-type second-class coaches.

Information about the sleeping car on the fifth photo is given here.

The most recent post shows:
A Y-type sleeping car taken out of a series for Soviet Union. Here you can find closer information.

On the second image, you can see a Y/B70-type couchette coach. 210 units of them were delivered by Waggonbau Bautzen (WB) in 4 batches from 1975 through 1984. While the last two batches were identical, the other batches had different arrangements of ventilation housings on the roof. Initially, they were delivered in green and kept to this color until the end of Czechoslovakia. Only the last batch (60 units) was delivered in blue.
TT-scale models are available. But I don't know if they match the arrangement of roof top mountings of one of these batches.

And finally, the most recent image shows one of the Y-type dining cars delivered to Czechoslovakia. It's also described here.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby Sventton » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:56 am

I just saw an extensive collection of freight car kits from SDV Model (online), a Czech company, how are those for being true to prototype? John
Sventton

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:48 pm

Do you have a link?
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby j p » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:39 pm

Here is a link to SDV.
http://www.sdvmodel.cz/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=15&Itemid=53&TreeId=4&lang=en

Their models are good for people interested in Czechoslovakia, Czech Republic, and Slovakia. Some of the models can be used also for DR + DB. The containers are suitable for any container company.
The only issues are with their rather coarse coupler holder (I would recommend to use Peho instead) and the wheels made of plastics (I would recommend metal wheels).
Their freight cars are much closer to Czech/Czechoslovak prototypes than any Tillig model.
If I had time to assemble and paint those...

Here is a link to an automatic translation of a review of one of the kits:
https://translate.google.dk/translate?hl=en&sl=cs&u=http://www.jacek-modely.cz/stavebnice-vozu-eas-u-od-firmy-sdv/
And one more, with detailed instructions.
https://translate.google.dk/translate?hl=en&sl=cs&u=http://www.mojett.cz/39049&
Please note that you have to use your imagination to understand this automatically translated text.
j p

Postby Marquette » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:59 am

Well that BMP-1 could be a flat car load for a US layout after 1965 or so, under the assumption that the Israelis captured one from Syria or Egypt and sent it to the US...
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby Arseny » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:24 am

Marquette wrote:Well that BMP-1 could be a flat car load for a US layout after 1965 or so, under the assumption that the Israelis captured one from Syria or Egypt and sent it to the US...

Isn't it too complicated? If you need some military car load, there are Sherman tanks available in TT, and M113 armored carrier too.
Arseny

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes by Country