Cylindrical hopper designs - ACF? 2 bay design

Cylindrical hopper designs - ACF? 2 bay design

Postby scaro » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:20 pm

dug up the following from the listing for C&EI on the fallen flags site. i like the C&EI since some survey years back decided it was america's most boring or most typical railroad. whatever, it seems to get very little attention.

it's a two bay cylindrical, i think done by ACF. the thing about it is that it might be a good choice for a model as, like the PS2 2-bay hopper, it can easily be extended into the 3-bay version. and it's good for small layouts.

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/cei/cei706445.jpg

ben
scaro

Re: Cylindrical hopper designs - ACF? 2 bay design

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:48 pm

I see the three bay versions of those almost everyday on the way home from work so they're something I want to do in the future. The loco will take a while but once it's done I'll likely do several more cars before getting to an NW2 or a 6 axle u boat. That hopper may be one of the cars.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ctxmf74 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:02 pm

scaro wrote:it's a two bay cylindrical, i think done by ACF. the thing about it is that it might be a good choice for a model as, like the PS2 2-bay hopper, it can easily be extended into the 3-bay version. and it's good for small layouts.

Definitely, I'd buy these in both 2 and 3 bay versions . My next choice would be a 57 foot PFE mechanical reefer....dave
ctxmf74

Postby Marquette » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:14 pm

I would definitely go for several of those, both 2 and 3 bay versions... lots around here, and lots around Lynden, WA...
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Return to Prototypes / Models