Current State of TT in North America

Re: Current State of TT in North America

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:16 pm

Better NOT be doing a U30B!!!!
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby areibel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:06 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Better NOT be doing a U30B!!!!

LOL!
I'm thinking the same thing about a GP38-2!
The more I've thought about it, the more I'm really liking the switcher idea (if that is indeed a switcher truck)- I'm already thinking it could be used as a chassis for the SW1200.

Al
SMAO, PA
areibel

Postby scaro » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:18 am

sacto-tt wrote:Hmm, what could they be developing...

I bet they're coming out with three models: GP9, F3 & U30B

AND they'll put the switcher trucks on all of them.

Am I right?? Do I get a prize?? :lol:

well, AAR A trucks *did* end up under some GP7s of the Nashville, Chattanooga & St Louis RR but they were pretty rare:

http://donsdepot.donrossgroup.net/dr0107/ncstl703.jpg

but i don't think any F3 or U30B had them. so alex is safe ...
scaro

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:37 am

No GP38 or U30B.

The 38-2 WAS on the list but got chopped.

Al, you can thank "Mr X" for that :wink: he's on the board......he'll appreciate it.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby sacto-tt » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:25 pm

Major Kudos :clap: to anyone that supports TT. Getting the ear of ANY major manufacturer is a huge step forward and shows that the efforts of all the guys that kept things alive (and continue to make amazing advancements) was worth it.

Now, I suppose, we'll have to vote with our wallets to make sure this latest effort is a success.
-Joe-
sacto-tt

Postby areibel » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:08 pm

ConducTTor wrote:No GP38 or U30B.

The 38-2 WAS on the list but got chopped.

Al, you can thank "Mr X" for that :wink: he's on the board......he'll appreciate it.

THANK YOU Mr. X, whoever you are!
And Thanks for your effort in general, whatever it is!
Al
areibel

Postby TT-SouthAfrica » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:22 pm

A while back, when visiting the Toy Train Exchange here in South Africa, I've discovered that it seems that there must be another South Africans who've discovered TT Gauge. As often I've come across TT related products offered by various manufacturers including Viessmann, Roco and Tillig. When it comes to TT Gauge modellers here in South Africa, I may just be one of perhaps a handfull of local TT fanatics modelling German prototypes however I'm still in hope that there is a few others in South Africa with interest in TT Gauge or modelling with it.
Regards
Gareth Owen
The one and possibly only South African TT'er
TT-SouthAfrica

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:46 am

I love bubbling this thread up. I consider it the new history of TT.

I'd like opinions on how we can further promote TT. What are we not doing? Why aren't there more modelers who would be willing to dive into tt on the board?

BTW, Ben Scaro is the man! He regularly posts about TT on various forums...........I know whenever TT or this site is mentioned. Anywhere. :twisted:

Ben, in appreciation of you spreading the word, you get something from my Shapeways offerings for free. Let me know what you want.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Marquette » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:56 am

Well, I think we're on to a good thing with the shows here in Vancouver. I think, though, we could probably do with more samples on display, and perhaps actual models for sale.

If we could just get Gold Coast to make it a regular thing to come up here, bringing some wares for sale, too...

I would suggest a correspondent of the Vancouver TT meets for those of you back east; I know Vancouver is rather far from Georgia and Ontario and wherever else people are. In other words, more live exposure!

When the U30B is ready, perhaps you could consider finishing a few to RTR status and packaging it together with a couple of freight cars (make it a collaborative effort with other manufacturers, perhaps) and a bit of track as sort of a North American start set, that could be offered at shows. Impulse buying does happen at shows, and I suspect that had we had some stuff for sale, a few of the folks who expressed an interest would've walked away with some models in hand.

I think despite all our progress, there's still a general perception that TT is either a dead end (in terms of North American modelling) or suitable only for European modelling. We've made advances, but few outside the TT circle know about it. We /really/ need to be stressing that North American TT scale is not moribund, on the contrary, it is rapidly growing. The best way I can think of doing that that's within a reasonable budget is to hit shows. Get people to see the thing in person.

Another option for the manufacturers: write Bill Schaumburg at RMC, offer to submit new items for review. I had another good long chat with him at this past show, and as ever he's interested in new developments in the scale.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:17 am

Vancouver as I see it is the launching point in NA tt. You guys have done phenomenal job at shows.

I wanted badly to send the U Boat to you guys for the show but it ended up not meeting my expectations - I will not offer a model/kit that I'm not happy with.

As for a collaborative effort, I think I have a pretty good relationship with Gold Coast and that we could make it happen. It's a fantastic idea I think that probably depends more on me than anyone else.

Thanks for the opinions - they will be ingrained in my head :)
ConducTTor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion