Conversion kit for Nohab

Conversion kit for Nohab

Postby mikeb2001 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:52 am

I found this on the net. kit for converting BTTB Nohab to Ofotbane or NSB (Norwegian) di3 see http://www.gurskis.de/tt/eigenbaufahrzeuge/di3.htm He can be contacted by email in English
mikeb2001

Re: Conversion kit for Nohab

Postby Marquette » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:10 am

This is worth watching... so far, it's a great-looking modernisation of an old model. I've long wanted to see someone do a nice Di3... would be great to see it in classic NSB green. I suspect this could also be used to nicely model the ex-NSB Di3s of Kosovo Railways!
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby scaro » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:00 am

i assume the remotoring kit would have entirely new trucks as the BTTB trucks are driven by a complex arrangement of inclined shafts that take the power down two driveshafts at truck level. the remotorised unit pictured seems to use a more conventional arrangement with gear towers level with the position of the motor.

i wonder if it just uses tillig trucks?
scaro

Postby railtwister » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:23 am

From the pictures and the text as translated by Google Translate, the motor is changed out and a flywheel added, but the gear tower, trucks and angled drive shaft appear to remain the same. Credit for the drive changes is given to someone in Dresden. The page itself does not read as if this an announcement for the release of a new kit, but rather as if it is a report on an ongoing (and as yet unfinished) modeling project. Of course, at least as far as the etched parts are concerned, once the artwork is done, and the first fret etched, it's relatively easy to offer those parts to others. In any case, it's some nice work that has been done to upgrade an older model.

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Postby scaro » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:45 am

i should look more closely bill, it does appear to still be a BTTB drive.
scaro

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:13 pm

It's likely one of these motor upgrades http://www.ebay.de/itm/MABUCHIMOTORBAUS ... 882wt_1188

(but the NoHab/BR130 version)
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby scaro » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:51 pm

yep, indeed ... well spotted.
scaro

Postby mikeb2001 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:31 pm

I have been contacted by gurskis after my first enquiry. The kit should be ready 3-4 weeks price 50-60 euros including transfers for ofotbane. CONTACT HIM. The link is there, he understands and replies in perfect English and willingly answers any questions. He also has further pictures of the kit and the extras that are included. A little support at least who knows what project he may do next. It must also be possible to use a new tillig donor locomotive with the newest technologi.
mikeb2001

Return to Prototypes / Models