Contacting Lok-n-Roll and Siggis

Contacting Lok-n-Roll and Siggis

Postby RodTT » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:03 pm

Over the last few weeks I have been trying to contact Lok-n-Roll and Siggis for some information about their American TT products but have had no response.

I take it these companies are alive and well? I presume (maybe wrongly) that they understand English and ship to the UK?
RodTT

Re: Contacting Lok-n-Roll and Siggis

Postby CFRiad » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:06 am

I also emailed them 3-4 times in the last 10 months and have not heard from them. The email adress came from their website. I am giving up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CFRiad

Postby Richard-B » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:26 am

Rob at Zeuke TT in the Netherlands knows both of the German guys; Mike at Lok-n-Roll and Siggi...
You might ping him via https://www.zeuke-tt.com/c-3963385/contact/ and ask for status.

One should note that it -IS- August in Europe...
and in some places, they lock the door, throw away the key, and head for the beach.

One supplier told me directly "We will all be gone..."
---------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between Shenzhen and Budapest...
Richard-B

Postby RodTT » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:55 am

Thanks, I've already been conversing with Rob at Zeuke, and very obliging he is too. I have one of the SW800s, a tank car and a couple of boxcars which I ordered from Zeuke - my first US TT items, and very nice they are too.

Problem is without at least one flat car I can't see my planned TT layout being viable, and only Lok-n-Roll and Siggis seem to have them. There don't seem to be any on Shapeways.
I daresay I might get a better response if I just went ahead and ordered...judging by the websites, these companies do seem to be alive and well.
Unless anyone else knows of any other sources of flat cars and modern boxcars?
RodTT

Postby Tom Dempsey » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:07 pm

Rod, Do you build, if so, PM me. Tom Dempsey
Tom Dempsey

Postby Arseny » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:09 pm

Rod, maybe you can use Soviet flatcar made by Russian company "Peresvet" - they look quite similar to American ones:

3617_e83f77e88cd4606e1ea98984988d0baa.jpg

Some time ago Ukrainian manufacturer "RailTT" offered flatcars:
flatcar-t1604.html
but for today he produces TT-scale automobiles only. If you want, I can ask him, if he can/want make some, but I doubt.
Arseny

Postby RodTT » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:21 am

Thanks Arseny, that Russian flatcar looks interesting. I see it is available from a Czech website, hobby-shop.cz.
RodTT

Postby jmass » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:13 pm

You can try shapeways which is in the link section of this forum. they might have some flatcars and boxcars. Also both Rob at zeuke and Mike at lok @ rol are very nice guys and easy to work with. I have not been able to contact siggis although ive tried several times.
jmass

Postby RodTT » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:31 pm

I've received one order from Zeuke with another on the way. I agree Rob seems like a really nice guy, he threw in a couple of freebies.
I also have an order on the way from Lok-n-Roll. My emails to them did get answered, all signed by Sylvie. It turned out they had one 50ft boxcar kit left in stock, so buying it in addition to one of their flatcar kits was a no-brainer.
Both Zeuke and Lok-n-Roll obligingly took my orders via email to save me having to navigate through their websites.
I've also received a few Shapeways items - the TT Nut gondola, a strip of brakewheels, plus a few automobiles, and very nice too. Lots of modelling ahead!
Buying US outline items from Holland and Germany, delivered to the UK. Who'd have thought it? A truly international undertaking.
Although my pockets are now somewhat lighter - just as well I sold off most of my HO!
RodTT

Postby Richard-B » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:19 pm

RodTT wrote:Buying US outline items from Holland and Germany, delivered to the UK. Who'd have thought it? A truly international undertaking.
WHAT????
No hoppers or woodchip gons from Australia?
...and the funnel-flow tank cars and SW-1200s are done in the Czech Republic.

To heck with Countries... TT-scale will conquer Continents!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between Shenzhen and Budapest...
Richard-B

Next

Return to General Discussion