I'm considering TT but need advice

Re: I'm considering TT but need advice

Postby MacG » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:58 pm

The Piko are good runners and the new BR118 (V180) and BR106 (V60) are quite good detailed models.

The MTB Switcher SW1200 has a speaker compartment above the front bogie.

Depending on the model isn't the Lok-n-Roll loco sold out. Because of German law guidelines and the webshop software are only item at the webshop listed, which are available. He can build one at your order via email if the parts for your desired model is in stock. I think only the E-7 ist sold out forever. The GP38-2 could be limited (no more casings?). He waits for the drive chassis from PMT for the 0-6-0 switcher. FA-FB units should be not a problem.

Postby RodTT » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:30 pm

I had a Piko Taurus Bo-Bo some years ago and it ran faultlessly, you could hardly hear it. It had just been introduced more or less and only cost me about £55 or $73 at the time, you'd obviously pay more now.

Pity you don't like the MTB switchers because they too are very good runners and I thought very reasonably priced as these things go. But I agree there is a lack of variety for US RTR, and I wouldn't have considered it if I'd been planning a large layout or even running more than a couple of locos. The Shapeways locos look tempting but, like you maybe, I'm apprehensive about getting all the parts to finish one off and then actually building it.

Keep us up to date with how you get on!

Postby Sventton » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:17 am

Yes, I bought a Taurus at the outset also, amazingly it still cost only $80 in the US for a brand new one. I've also purchased Piko V60 and V90, and Tillig BR280 and they are all fine running.

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:01 pm

Dead Wallet,

If I may be so bold, what kind of motive power are you looking for?

And, welcome aboard!
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!

Return to General Discussion