Slightly more modern, my two dream cars:

1968 Beaumont:

1970 Charger in Panther Pink!:
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Re: Conceptualising a layout

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:23 pm

As far as GM vehicles, there is two on the list of those to eventually model, and a possible third:
1.) 1982 Pontiac Trans Am
2.) 1980-1984 GMC General with F.L.A.G. trailer from Knight Rider (1982-1986)
3.) Pontiac Fiero (Possibly)

There are some that I will not even make an attempt to model, I can offer explanation for each if desired; in short, some are out of sheer disgust for the appearance (Aztek), and some out of bad personal experience with them (Power Wagon, PT Cruiser, Neon):

1.) Chrysler PT Cruiser
2.) Chrysler Neon
3.) Dodge Power Wagon
4.) Volvo YCC
5.) 1980's-1990's "Pontiac LeMans"
6.) Pontiac Aztek
7.) Pontiac Sunfire/ Chevy Cavalier / Cadillac Cimarron
8.) Chevy Avalanche
9.) Cadillac Escalade

I do intend on making some bigger trucks as well, and right now I think I will try to focus on vehicles from the early 1960's on up, for now, just based on the the fact that there is so little available for vehicles from the past half century.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby scaro » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:49 pm

ctxmf74 wrote:
TTQuebec wrote: I'm not sure TT scale has all the stuff needed to build a layout at the highest level so that's why I'm satisfied with the HP wheels for now. .......dave

I wonder how long the HP wheels are likely to be available for. PVM use them in their kits but I wonder if that is old stock or if someone makes them to those specifications currently ?

The styrene and the brass are there . . . in fact it is surprising how many correct sizes for TT are provided in the Evergreen range. The smallest in their range of tongue and groove siding is right for TT.

They don't offer one that's right for N, not surprising perhaps, since the grooves on the N scale car siding they offer are just about invisible.

I find the fact that TT is so good for scratchbuilding a real opportunity.

Ben
scaro

Postby ctxmf74 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:25 am

scaro wrote:I wonder how long the HP wheels are likely to be available for. PVM use them in their kits but I wonder if that is old stock or if someone makes them to those specifications currently ?

I don't know but I'm hoping Gold Coast will start selling their trucks with smaller flanges then I'll just buy all I want from them. I think someone will fill the void if the HP wheels run out, it's hard to model without wheels :>) .....dave
ctxmf74

Previous

Return to Layouts / Track Plans