Colliery, laser-cut

Re: Colliery, laser-cut

Postby Arseny » Tue May 19, 2015 8:56 am

Oh, no; surely not.
I suppose it will be $8.
Of course, the post is mysterious thing and maybe they will ask some additional fees when I visit the post office, but I am sure it will not be too large.
Arseny

Postby oldtrainguy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:05 pm

My 'Colliery' arrived today. Looks fantastic! Arseny even provided English version of the instructions. :thumbup:
Don
oldtrainguy

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:22 pm

Arseny's a good guy. Looking forward to the build pictures!
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby richardedmonds » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:49 pm

I forgot to mention that mine arrived last week. I think Arseny did very well with this one
richardedmonds

Postby Arseny » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:44 am

Thank you, guys.
Glad to hear that the packages arrived well. :thumbup: I hope to see some pictures of the assembled buildings soon! :wink:

BTW, I still have some kits available. If somebody else needs such building, feel free to ask me.
The shipping cost (for 1 kit) is $8 actually, the price of the complete kit (including handrails, etc.) is $30.
Arseny

Postby Arseny » Tue May 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Did anybody assemble and use this building?
Any comments and reviews would be welcome!
Arseny

Postby Sventton » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:09 am

Hi Arseny: I am probably half way through construction, side tracked by current events...a trip to Iceland and my younger daughter's impending wedding.....but it has gone together very well so far. Any mistakes made were due to me starting off without fully reading the instruction sheet :o The drawings and instructions are adequate. I haven't exactly figured out how I will use it in its future layout context yet, but that will come. John
Sventton

Postby Sventton » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:48 am

Off-hand observation, I would think this kit would be best used as a background structure or to represent a smaller, independent coal mine operator. Yes, they still exist and refer to themselves as "wildcaters" in the anthracite industry. It is really not of the scale size to stand-in for a typical, somewhat "modern" operation. Of course, being wooden, that is tip off that it doesn't represent a modern operation. Smaller wood structures like this were always more prevalent in the bituminous mining areas, at least until the 1970's, there has been much consolidation. So, if you model Appalachia.... Side note, as of a short time ago there was still one operating wooden breaker in the anthracite region here in PA, called the Superior Breaker south of Good Springs....I have been in it during processing operations and the whole building felt like it would shake apart. Its indirectly served by Reading Northern RR. Anywho, I have older HO scaled Suydam coal breaker buildings that would more aptly represent the coal industry. Naturally, Arseny's building could be adapted to other mining activities/locations/periods. Nice kit, and reasonably cheap for coming across an ocean. :thumbup: Recommended.
Sventton

Postby Richard-B » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:59 pm

In the West & Southwestern US... Coal mining is much less common than ore mines...
but this laser-cut structure could easily serve as a basis for either use.
Example
https://calisphere.org/item/ark:/13030/tf829010pd
StonewallMine SanDiegoCA tf829010pd-FID4.jpg
Sonewall gold mine - San Diego County, California
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between Shenzhen and Budapest...
Richard-B

Previous

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade