close to tt scale?

Post your photos and video links here

close to tt scale?

Postby jmass » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:28 pm

what do you think? its made by a chinese company called new ray. it looks like its inbetween tt and ho.
jmass

Re: close to tt scale?

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:22 pm

I have a few of those, in Santa Fe and Union Pacific types.

The sets are called "RailroadN", and they come in a small variety of roadnames, Amtrak, UP, CSX, ATSF. They are advertised as being N scale, and they are fairly close to it, actually. The track included allows for figure 8s, and a siding. They are advertised as being able to run 3 minutes on a 1 minute charge. (Using AA Batteries) We have had our ATSF set run for 7 minutes on a 1 minute charge.

Nicholle bought me a few of them and packed them in a care package that I got during my second deployment on the USS Annapolis. Somewhere there is a photo of me running a rather complex setup made of three sets around the crews' mess.

The main difference between these sets and the real N scale models deal with the wheels and couplers. These are connected by open-end dogbone drawbars.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby jmass » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:41 pm

yea, i see they advertise n scale and 1/12? and 1/32. the trains in the video look bigger than nscale. might just be the video. is that a trottle thats part of the charger?
jmass

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:35 pm

No, that lever is a stop action, allowing you to stop the train and charge. The only way to control the speed of those little bastards is to add or remove cars.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:24 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:The only way to control the speed of those little bastards is to add or remove cars.

:lol:
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Return to Photos / Videos