Cleaning Vehicles

Cleaning Vehicles

Postby Juup » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi All,

Discovered a new TT scale cleaning vehicle manufacturer. My impression is that cleaning vehicles are a bit of a waste ... except that the heavy brass style (tank car like) model - I forget the name - available for N and HO scale has decent reviews.

For TT scale I have seen one made by Roco (a passive system I think), and one made by Tomix (an active electrified system). Then I spotted this:

http://www.mcschueler.de/1:120-Spur-TT- ... ng,cat-117

Looks quite industrial. The wheel cleaning station could be good fun as well if one has room (and money). More details (but only data on HO models) here:

http://www.lux-modellbau.de/html_uk/gleis.htm

Note also the point motor by Lux. News to me. Again looks quite industrial, but smaller than other brands and current draw looks okay.

Juup
Juup

Re: Cleaning Vehicles

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:43 pm

Interesting but very expensive. If I ever have the time I will make my own custom cleaning train. Probably when my home layout is complete.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Juup » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:34 pm

I have 'invested' money and time in a cleaning train - see first photo. The brass one - second photo is a CMX that I converted from N scale. Conversion was a bit fiddly, but it works a dream. Even if originally N scale, it is quite heavy even for TT, so works well. Then third photo is also something I made based on a North American design ... I forget the manufacturer. The concept is a heavy brass cylinder, and with a strip of cloth rolled around it, that rolls along freely in its cradle and picks up the dirt losened up by the CMX :) Doesn't look pretty, but effective - the brass roller is also quite heavy. Add the pricey Lux vacuum car in front of the CMX and it all works great - especially for all the hidden track I have. Fun fun ... JuupImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Juup

Postby Juup » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Just realised an error in the photos ... When I run this I have the Lux in front of the CMX ...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Juup

Return to General Discussion