Chilliwack 2012 Hobby Show

Chilliwack 2012 Hobby Show

Postby Bill Dixon » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:42 am

Went to the Chilliwack 2012 Hobby and Trains show in Chilliwack, BC this Sunday last.

Mainly went to do some damage control for the show I used to involved in but I hoped to run a few trains on the modular layout the group I belong to had there.

I didn't expect to find any TT-Scale there but was pleasantly surprised.

Almost the first vendor I talked to said; "Hi Bill, I heard you were interested in TT-Scale, I have something for you." and he handed me a box with four British freight wagons. Don't know who they were made by. They are painted metal bodies on a plastic under frame.

A vendor had a Tillig starter set at an optimistic price, 0-4-0 and short passenger cars.

Another vendor said I heard you were into TT, are you interested in Rokal (might have name wrong) and pulled out a large Rubbermaid container of stuff, mostly in boxes. Had some very nice metal power transmission towers and older tubular track. Didn't have time to dig down to the lower layers. Wasn't really interested but I asked him to send me a list of what he had. In case others are interested I will post the list when I receive it.

Yet another vendor who was listening to our conversation said I have a bunch of TT from several European manufacturers. When I said I was more interested in North American models he said to email him as he knew a guy who had tried to sell a collection at another show and found no buyers.

So a good show. From no expectations of finding any TT to coming home with four free cars and a few good leads. Oh and I got to run a few trains as well.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Re: Chilliwack 2012 Hobby Show

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:33 am

Very cool!

I'm going to have to get my name out there in the Atlanta area model scene and see what comes out of the woodworks...

Bill Dixon wrote:Yet another vendor who was listening to our conversation said I have a bunch of TT from several European manufacturers.

Who's the vendor? You can PM me if you want.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby areibel » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:11 pm

Bill Dixon wrote:A vendor had a Tillig starter set at an optimistic price, 0-4-0 and short passenger cars.

That's been my experience if I've ever found TT at a show- "rare, unique and vintage" are frequently mentioned, even for a Tillig T set that sold for less than $40 on Ebay not too long ago.
The best one was at a show in Ohio I went to. One guy had a ton of old HO, and lots of totes under the tables with junk in them. I asked him if he ever got any TT, he said oh yeah, but he sells it to "collectors downstate". I was surprised, and asked how often he found it- he gave me a schpiel that he hunts all over for it and can find it- last he bought was an HP 0-6-0 he said he had to give $200 for! I wonder what he'd sell it for then?
I should have asked him if he wanted a dozen or so?
areibel

Postby Bill Dixon » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:56 am

Bill Dixon wrote:Went to the Chilliwack 2012 Hobby and Trains show in Chilliwack, BC this Sunday last.

Almost the first vendor I talked to said; "Hi Bill, I heard you were interested in TT-Scale, I have something for you." and he handed me a box with four British freight wagons. Don't know who they were made by. They are painted metal bodies on a plastic under frame.

Here is a picture of the four wagons I was given.
20121014 Gift TT Wagons.jpg

They all have the same basic construction, a metal box body, a two piece plastic under frame with plastic wheels. Some have loop and hook couplers, most are missing. They all have a printed, embossed card stock overlay glued to them.

The basic body appears to be a five plank wagon.
The overlays are, from the left:
- Plain brown, metal angle reinforced corners, Sussex Brick Co. decals.
- Yellow, Ellis & Everard,
Markfield and Bardon Hill
Granite Quarries
- Grey, Forest Rock Granite Co.
- Green, Kingsbury Colliers Limited. this car has a plastic extension to make it a seven plank wagon.

Interesting cars. Any idea who the manufacturer was?
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:39 am

I think those cars might be GEM TT kits. Some of the detail work looks similar to some GEM stuff that I have.

I could be wrong, though.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Return to General Discussion